Because of the android apps running in the background. After installing Snap and down loading some apps from it, battery life is terrible. Within 4 hours it is empty. Before it, 70-90 hours standby and with normal use the battery could last a day
    With Taks Manager I keep killing the apps that are running in the background..

? posted via my Z10
    02-08-14 01:22 AM
    Mine also same problem still there is 20% battery remaining my z10 switch off and need to charge....than its open again showing 20% battery agani wtf m suffering battery dosnt stay well it finishes early m shocked

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 10:32 PM
    Ordered a extended battery for BlackBerry z10! 4500mah, the standard ones are 1800mah if I am correct.

Will post a review on it

Posted via CB10
    If you bought the same battery as the rest of us who did (check 4400mah thread), you will discover that it's the best 20usd purchase you will ever make for your phone

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 06:02 AM
    We shouldn't have to mess around with battery packs, high capacity batteries or any other after market product to get decent battery life. I can't count the amount of times my battery has died when I really needed my phone. BlackBerry is gonna have to do something about this

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 09:20 AM
    Attachment 245009

Hi to all, I'm having this problem with my battery life, I had like 40 % of battery and then the phone goes off. I plugged it in and the battery showed 0%. I haven't used too much my phone today because my MB went off, so I just sent a few texts messages and wifi. This has happened many times and don't know what to do. Please help!!

Posted via CB10
    There is a serious problem with many of these new phones and battery charging circuit calibration. Many people are having similar issues. To you and everyone having battery issues and premature shut downs before the battery is low e.t.c. try this workaround:

Don't use generic or weak chargers with your Z10. They throw off the charging circuits. To recalibrate and solve your issues follow these steps: Take out the dead battery, SIM card and SD card. Plug in the original BlackBerry charger that came with the phone. Hold the power button for 3 seconds or until you see the red light come on. Leave the phone in this state for at least 2 minutes or until it shuts off completely on it's own. You may or may not see the red battery outline or the white blackberry logo on the screen. Plug out the charger and leave everything out for 1 hour. Replace everything and allow the phone to charge. Never use weak chargers on your Z10 again.

I'm not saying that weak chargers are the cause or the only thing that can trigger this flaw in the phones but it is a factor in many cases of battery charging circuit miscalibration.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 09:35 AM
    BlackBerry 10.2.1 Battery Problem?-img_20140212_085919.png

Err, about an hour and only dropped two/three % :O

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-12-14 03:01 AM
    I'm on the official 10.2.1 and my battery life went from bad (on leaked) to worse. The more I like certain features of the phone with updates, the more I hate others. BlackBerry needs to fix the abysmal battery life. All the ui polish and incremental os improvements in the world is of no benefit when you can't use them because your phone is dead

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 10:48 PM
82 ... 234