You know the Mac vs. PC commercials???? Well, imagine one with Blackberry vs. PC! Would be funny.

Anyway, today something amazing happened!

I am working away programming with GMail open on my PC, when suddenly I hear my Berry cry that there's new GMail -- BEFORE IT APPEARED ON MY PC!!!

Isn't IMAP a beautiful thing!!
    07-31-08 07:23 PM
    Faster than the speed of light! Did everything slow down!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-08 07:28 PM
    Almost like getting email before it's sent - Better than a Delorean.
    "This could disrupt the entire space-time continuum!!"
    07-31-08 07:35 PM
    haha.... well I did sort of forget that I was making the PC earn it's keep by running a repository merge on some code branches...

and oh yeah... I've gotten approximately 13,234,435,932 other GMail's on the pc first, so maybe my score keeping is a bit biased. =)
    07-31-08 07:35 PM
    Almost like getting email before it's sent - Better than a Delorean.
    "This could disrupt the entire space-time continuum!!"
    There's lots of stuff better than a Delorean, like:

1. Girls
    2. Girls
    3. Girls
    4. Girls
    5. Girls
    6. Girls
    7. Girls
    8. Girls
    9. Girls

and oh yeah:

10. Blackberries

but you are right the space time continuum is going to rip any second.... mainly because my next post is 1,000!
    07-31-08 07:38 PM
    Gotta come up with a question for you to answer, the pressure!

07-31-08 07:42 PM
    Yeah, actually I think we should start a tradition here on the crack...

Basically, when you reach "Master", it is traditional for you to right an "article" or "tutorial" on something you know well about your BB, and then have them posted in like a special place to help out new people or something.

That would be kind of cool... so I'm taking requests... but I'm thinking I might start the tradition by writting about either memory, or setting up profiles and exceptions. =)
    07-31-08 07:48 PM
    Yeah, actually I think we should start a tradition here on the crack...

Basically, when you reach "Master", it is traditional for you to right an "article" or "tutorial" on something you know well about your BB, and then have them posted in like a special place to help out new people or something.

That would be kind of cool... so I'm taking requests... but I'm thinking I might start the tradition by writting about either memory, or setting up profiles and exceptions. =)
    Congratulations, Crackberry Master Waugh. I think you should write about memory management and power, specifically the possible adverse consequences of battery pulls. I've been using your earlier post as a reference.
    Last edited by JeffH; 07-31-08 at 09:18 PM. Reason: bold
    07-31-08 09:17 PM
    Patrick, you make me laugh.

07-31-08 09:18 PM
    Gmail on my BB is always fast.
    07-31-08 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD