I have 2 blackberries. a 8130 pearl and 9530 storm. Neither will show as connected to the computer. Both will charge from the usb cord but they dont show in the drives listing or in desktop manager. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling DM. pulling batteries in the devices, rebooting computer, reloading drivers from RIM website....

I'm stumped....how do I get my computer to see my berries?
    06-07-09 07:59 PM
    What OS is on the computer? What version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager is installed?

Also, is there a Media Card in each device? The device memory won't show up as a drive on the computer. You have to use Roxio to access the device memory.
    06-07-09 09:22 PM
    Also, don't connect your BBs to the PC using a USB hub, plug them directly into a USB port.

Try different USB ports as well, try a different USB cable. You could have a bad USB cable since both BBs are having the same problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 09:30 PM
    I'm using the current 4.5 on the pearl and 4.7.0.132 on the storm (i was trying to connect it to update it). I'm using 4.7 DM software. I'm plugging it direct into the computer. tried all 3 ports and tried 2 different cables. Previously it would prompt me to enter mass storage mode and then the device and the card would show up as drives....

Any more ideas?
    06-07-09 09:32 PM
    Can you do anything else with the USB ports like use flash drives, download digicam photos, etc? Basically, does your USB port work with other devices?

Try running diagnostic testing on your USB ports and controller card.

06-07-09 09:36 PM
    usb ports work fine on anything else. It even powers the blackberries and charges...it just doesn't connect for any kind of data transfer....
    06-07-09 09:39 PM
    It's unlikely, but you may have a bent pin in the USB port on both Berrys, specifically the one that carries data.

If you have a magnifying glass, take a close look at your USB ports on both BBs. The pins carrying power and data are different in the USB port/cable, so it is possible.

The fact that it is happening on both BBs leads me to believe one of your USB cables damaged both ports, and now none of your cables work.

06-07-09 09:45 PM
    Well, I tested it this morning on my work computer and it popped right up. Something is wrong with my home pc. What could I need? Is the some sort of specific drivers that I'm missing? The BB doesn't show at all in the device manager. I would assume it would be somewhere in there....
    06-08-09 09:58 AM
    I'm using the current 4.5 on the pearl and 4.7.0.132 on the storm (i was trying to connect it to update it). I'm using 4.7 DM software. I'm plugging it direct into the computer. tried all 3 ports and tried 2 different cables. Previously it would prompt me to enter mass storage mode and then the device and the card would show up as drives....

Any more ideas?
    What OS is on the computer? Windows XP, Vista, Mac OSX, Linux ??? Something else?
    06-08-09 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD