Now I've figured out that there is some sort of agreement in place that all contestants of the show will use a colorful Palm phone when calling people, but has anyone else noticed that when the contestants want to get anything done, they all turn to their Blackberries? If you look closely (as I'm sure a lot of CB'ers like me have, you'll see Kloe and Jesse James are ALWAYS using their Berries. In this weeks episode, Joan Rivers I think it was, had her Berry right next to the "required" Palm as if to say " this is for show and this one is for actually getting it done"

I'd like to congratulate RIM on excellent product placement that didn't cost them a dime!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 11:58 PM
    Roger that. Palm Centros suck, but a lot of them have Curves.

In January I did quite a bit of travel for the first time in a while. It amazed me how many berrys I saw in the airports, out and being used. There were a few iPhones around, but every single one of them had a set of earphones attached; they were doing what they do best, an iPod on steroids.

03-30-09 01:40 AM
    I was shocked to see that they are using the curve? I thought that they would all have the Storm?
    04-10-09 04:01 PM
    I was shocked to see that they are using the curve? I thought that they would all have the Storm?
    Nah. I believe the storm which I have is more for play. These are actual buisiness people that prob need a curve or bold more for business like activities. There is one iphone on there I believe. I think its Clint Black. not sure.
    04-10-09 04:24 PM
    i love when i see a blackberry on tv!! they also use the palm centro a lot and i laugh because that was my old phone!
    04-10-09 04:50 PM
    Yeeap. I've noticed the Curve usage. I think they need a solid device for business, so the curve is what they use. I like seeing Blackberries on tv..it gives me an excuse to start talking about them.
    04-10-09 04:53 PM
    I apologize for my ignorance about the storm but what applications does the curve excel in that the storm does not? I have a curve and was considering a storm but when you see these rich people using the curve, I have my doubts now.
    04-10-09 07:55 PM
    Marketing! Marketing! Marketing! They know what their doin! Yes-there have been a lot of bb's showing up on popular tv shows. RIM is very smart! And yes-most people who have bb's will notice them on the shows they watch. I know on quite a few of my shows I watch- ie.gossip girl, NCIS, law&order,CSI(all)- now have bb's.

04-10-09 08:09 PM
    The difference is the physical keyboard. The touchscreen is nice for play, but when it comes to hardcore messaging and emails, nothing beats an actual keyboard.

04-10-09 08:11 PM
    Brian McKnight is rocking a Bold
    04-11-09 08:30 AM
    Yesterday in The Hannah Montana Movie, one lady (the owner of the Brittish magazine) had a Curve, and it was funny how RIM placed it, because it only showed her talking on it. But it was held SO far away from her face so you could see half the screen, trackball, and all the buttons.
    04-11-09 08:35 AM
    I dont know what he is doing all the time but I think Jesse is a blackberry addict! He is on his bb non stop! Maybe Sandra is keeping tabs on him!
    04-12-09 08:53 AM
    Does anybody know the ringtone everybody has on their phone in the show? I really want it, but it's not on on my 8330 Curve...

You can hear it here when Jesse gets a phone call:

youtube.com/watch?v=6EVegnk9UQ0

It's 46 seconds in.
    04-17-09 03:02 PM
    Does anybody know the ringtone everybody has on their phone in the show? I really want it, but it's not on on my 8330 Curve...

You can hear it here when Jesse gets a phone call:

youtube.com/watch?v=6EVegnk9UQ0

It's 46 seconds in.
    that ringtone is old from the Treo days. and Jesse's phone is a Palm Centro.
    04-18-09 06:54 AM
    i've noticed all the palm phones too. i have only seen one blackberry, one episode, and it Joan's.

04-18-09 06:58 AM
    i've noticed all the palm phones too. i have only seen one blackberry, one episode, and it Joan's.

look for brian mcknight's berry's Bold.
    04-18-09 07:41 AM
    Ok, tomorrow, i will do!

04-18-09 07:48 AM
    The Hills have a ton, Lauren rocks a red World Edition and also a Curve and Audrina has a Curve. General Hospital and Young and the Restless are rocking a bunch of Berries as well, mostly Curves (altough a couple of WE pop up as well).

In Gran Torino, Clint Eastwoods granddaughter had a white colorwared Curve.

04-18-09 07:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD