My trackball is starting to go on me, honestly, is there any difference between the black trackball and the clear one other than the color? I know the black is nicer because it won't show stains, but is the material any different or does it roll smoother?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 02:08 AM
    You know I would not think so but I have seen two people on here say that it rolled more smooth? Why, I dunno but I did read that

BTW I like the theme(s). The bold one is nice..
    01-29-09 02:17 AM
    Thank you, they are actually curve 8900 themes, but since both that and the bold OS look almost exact, I suppose it can be interchangable.

I might just get it because it does look nicer, doesn't stain, and hopefully is smoother (as I have heard others say the same). Thanks!

01-29-09 02:26 AM
    From what I have read, the black one does NOT light up.

I forget which phone the black one comes with (I think the 8900) but instead of the ball lighting up the ring around the ball lights up.

So if you use the black trackball on your curve you may not be able to see it well in the dark.
    01-29-09 02:30 AM
    Yeah I heard that. I'm not really concerned about seeing it light up, just want smoother scrolling.

01-29-09 02:38 AM
    Tom, just wanted to say...your 8900 Replica theme rocks!

The black trackball may be made out of a slightly softer material than the clear ball, thus making it roll a little smoother across the tiny ridges that the tiny magnet rollers have to grip the trackball.
    01-29-09 02:55 AM
    Thank you for the kind words. You can find more of my themes at Smartphone Software - MobiHand Software Store. If you purchased any prior prior to today, you should receive a free upgrade email for each theme because I updated them tonight.

01-29-09 03:06 AM
    So yeah, I ordered the black trackball from CNN.CN. It is the one for the G1 phone. Anyways, it looks just about identical besides the color, fits fine and looks awesome. Some people have came on here and said that they noticed it looser or tighter after the switch but mine feels and acts exactly the same.

Here's a pic if you care...

01-29-09 03:32 AM
    I had the G1, and can say that the trackball is less rough than the stock white BB ones. Seemed to collect less dirt and grime.
    01-29-09 06:47 AM
    I like that black trackball...looks nice!
    01-29-09 07:15 AM
    So yeah, I ordered the black trackball from CNN.CN. It is the one for the G1 phone. Anyways, it looks just about identical besides the color, fits fine and looks awesome. Some people have came on here and said that they noticed it looser or tighter after the switch but mine feels and acts exactly the same.

Here's a pic if you care...

just wanted to let you know that they now have condoms for the 8330...i was going to buy a black one like yours, but our 8330 little led light is in the screen and they now have full covers without that little split.

01-29-09 07:22 AM
    you can get them from daydeal.com or the local verizon stores.
    01-29-09 08:55 AM
    Tom, i have the G1 black trackball from Cellular Accessories - BenQ-Siemens, BlackBerry, Alcatel, Accessories Store, LG, NEC, Motorola, SonyEri and it is very accurate and smooth. I like it better than the orignal...
    01-29-09 08:58 AM
    just wanted to let you know that they now have condoms for the 8330...i was going to buy a black one like yours, but our 8330 little led light is in the screen and they now have full covers without that little split.

Thanks, I didn't know that yet. That was always kinda bugging me a little but I dealt with it.
    01-31-09 06:41 AM
    You know I would not think so but I have seen two people on here say that it rolled more smooth? Why, I dunno but I did read that

BTW I like the theme(s). The bold one is nice..
    Yes, IMO the trackball rolls a LOT smoother, no clicking, or like graininess under it. It seems to work a lot better! Feels a lot better, looks a lot better
    01-31-09 07:15 AM
    why don't you try to dye the trackball you have now? check out this link:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/my-...-works-130330/

it works great, it doesn't cost much and it's simple! plus, you get to choose the color you want if you decide not to go black!
    01-31-09 10:22 AM
    Well, my G1 Obama Edition trackball is in. VERY smooth and nice scrolling and nice positive click. I dont think its any different than the white one was when it was brand new. After all, the balls don't know what color they are. My opinion is that it's so nice and smooth because its new, kinda like the Prez!
    01-31-09 12:15 PM
    The black trackball on the Curve 8900 is set lower and rolls smoother/faster with no sticking or noise its pretty sex.
    02-02-09 08:02 AM
    I have the black trackball too and luv the look and the feel. It does glide a lot smoother than the white trackball. I actually purchased mine off of ebay.
    02-02-09 08:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD