Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By myckle
  • 1 Post By alternator77
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Black Sheep for HIRE!

Hi Guys,

We were discussing in our BBM Group about BlackBerry sales and marketing and I thought of something.
    For sure you have read about phone providers' sales staff who are doing a terrible job in showcasing and selling our beloved BlackBerry 10.
    And it dawned on me, why don't BlackBerry hire a Black Sheep like me who knows the latest updates, features and the intricacies of the BlackBerry 10 to become some sort of a BlackBerry Ambassador?
    I mean, the company can partner with providers and send its own people right? For sure a lot of us here will be qualified and we'll be more than happy to show how our BB 10 can kick their plastic phones' ***
    web99 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    prlck

In the Washington, DC metro area there are at least 50 mobile phone stores that I know about. I'm sure there are many more. Just how many of you do you think they should hire?

A much better choice, in my opinion, is unit sales bonuses for a store. They could contact each store and offer a monthly monetary bonus and an annual trip bonus for selling a specified number of phones. That would leverage the existing sales people that they aren't paying a salary to.
    BB; I get the call, I get the email, I get the TXT, I get the work, I get the money. I get it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I think one ambassador for every store is enough to guide and assist the staff especially when they talk to customers and they don't the answer to their questions. It would be a big help if a blackberry guy would give suggestions and alternatives and even answer the questions.
    Based on what I've read especially during the launch BlackBerry had a lot of missed opportunities because either the staff weren't trained enough or weren't passionate enough to do their job.
    CrackBerry Addict

I don't think that sales incentives are the best option because A) every manufacturer can offer them, and B) they don't result in a rep doing a better job of selling someone the phone. As well, you're going to see pushier reps and higher return rates which results in dissatisfaction during the purchase experience, something you don't want to associate with your brand or product.

A better option is to ensure that every rep in every store is extremely well trained and understands the many capabilities of these devices and how they compare to competitors' devices. Ultimately, BB10 is just not right for some people and is very right for others. We want the right match, not the maximum number of devices out there if the people using them are unhappy.

I'd even offer a special training session and pay the carriers to allow the reps to attend. Then give each rep a free Z10 or Q10 (their choice). At least for some of the more important / higher traffic stores.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

True! yesterday I did my own store check here in Manila. I stumbled upon a store with a sales lady who was very knowledgeable of BB 10.
    When I entered the store and pretended to be an interested customer she lent me here phone - surprise, she's using her own BlackBerry 10 for demo. I saw the version which was 10.1 and she had sideloaded apps. I quizzed her about BB10 and hands down! She was able to answer all my questions from sideloading to coming updates. She even showed me the games she had on her phone plus a working instagram.
    While talking to her, the man behind her was talking to a woman who was interested in getting an iPhone. The guy convinced her to check out BlackBerry Z10 and he showed her the features. They said they sell 7 BlackBerry 10 phones daily. I wasn't surprised because they were knowledgeable and my theory has proved that the knowledge, confidence in the product and enthusiasm of the sales people really help put the product out there.

I asked what phone they would recommend to people these days, they said BB 10 phones (Q10 sells more they said). And no, they weren't from BlackBerry marketing.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,345 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by myckle View Post
    True! yesterday I did my own store check here in Manila. I stumbled upon a store with a sales lady who was very knowledgeable of BB 10.
    When I entered the store and pretended to be an interested customer she lent me here phone - surprise, she's using her own BlackBerry 10 for demo. I saw the version which was 10.1 and she had sideloaded apps. I quizzed her about BB10 and hands down! She was able to answer all my questions from sideloading to coming updates. She even showed me the games she had on her phone plus a working instagram.
    While talking to her, the man behind her was talking to a woman who was interested in getting an iPhone. The guy convinced her to check out BlackBerry Z10 and he showed her the features. They said they sell 7 BlackBerry 10 phones daily. I wasn't surprised because they were knowledgeable and my theory has proved that the knowledge, confidence in the product and enthusiasm of the sales people really help put the product out there.

I asked what phone they would recommend to people these days, they said BB 10 phones (Q10 sells more they said). And no, they weren't from BlackBerry marketing.
    That's what I do whenever I enter Sams Club.

Posted via CB10
    Dragon Slayer

Rather than hire tons of dedicated staff for every store (too expensive) or monetary incentives (also too expensive and unlikely to change the opinions of hopelessly platform -biased salespeople), I think a better option would be to hire field reps that regularly visit different stores to demonstrate the product, do training and perhaps give away some Blackberry branded merchandise.

That will help keep the brand in the minds of the salespeople and customers, and minimize all the rumor-mongering of people who bash a product mostly because they're not familiar with it.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,324 Global Posts
    PIN
    nacle of phones: BB!

Is BlackBerry still doing Ambassadors on college campuses like they used to? You used to see that in CrackBerry signatures all the time.

Posted via CB10
    It was recently pointed out to me that SugarSync was still in my signature, and no longer available for free. It was a nice (free) ride, SugarSync, but I'm seeing Box and Dropbox now, via BB10 integration.
    CrackBerry Addict

How about commercials that SHOW WHAT THE PHONE DOES AND HOW TO DO IT. That way people can go in informed and try it out for themselves. No need to hire more people just better ads and consumers will figure it out for themselves.

Apple didn't patent the idea of showing a feature or how it's done they just seem to be the only ones making commercials that perform this job.

Posted via CB10
    web99 likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,324 Global Posts
    PIN
    nacle of phones: BB!

Quote Originally Posted by alternator77 View Post
    How about commercials that SHOW WHAT THE PHONE DOES AND HOW TO DO IT. That way people can go in informed and try it out for themselves.

Apple didn't patent the idea of showing a feature or how it's done they just seem to be the only ones making commercials that perform this job.

Posted via CB10
    Can't really argue with that.

Posted via CB10
    It was recently pointed out to me that SugarSync was still in my signature, and no longer available for free. It was a nice (free) ride, SugarSync, but I'm seeing Box and Dropbox now, via BB10 integration.