forgive me for not searching but I'm kinda drinky and have a simple question I know a blackberry vet can answer in a fraction of the time it would take me to search this.

I have a storm on verizon and my buddy (also drinky right now) got a bold on at&t (chose over iphone, lol). He didnt get the data package though (i know crazy). When I send him a friend request for Blackberry messaging he never gets it? I've connected with other storm users with bb messaging on verizon and was wondering if bb messaging was provider specific or if this isnt working because he does not have the data plan? Or does he need to register his phone with rim? please help me settle this so we dont spend all night messing with this if its not possible!

P.S. I'm running OS .109(thanks to this site) and love my storm. In fact whenever I'm frustrated with my Storm(pre.109) i just pick up someones "not so smart phone" and chuckle
    03-06-09 09:03 PM
    hey stqrm- yep no data package-no access to the bbm! Have a drinky for me too!
    03-06-09 09:05 PM
    Can't help but a little "drinky" right now too.....and yet can't put my BB down
    03-06-09 09:25 PM
    OK thanks. But if he did have data package you can bbm over different networks no problem?
    03-06-09 09:26 PM
    excuse me while i go decapitate someone with my blackberry lightsaber
    03-06-09 09:28 PM
    OK thanks. But if he did have data package you can bbm over different networks no problem?
    That is correct. I have contacts from all different carriers, no problems there... Just need the BB data plan....
    03-06-09 09:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD