I was given a used Blackberry 8520 that was working fine. I attempted to upgrade the OS through the Desktop Manager and update process got stuck under installing process. The progress bar has been saying "Loading Module "net_rim_database.cod"".

Yesterday, was my first attempt and got stuck on this screen, so I rebooted my computer and restarted the software update process again and ended up in this same screen.

Please help with any advice to save my phone and complete the uploading process.

Thanks in advance!
    12-24-12 05:38 PM
    I would recommend trying by downloading the OS itself, and running Loader.exe

Give me 5-10 to write up a tutorial, complete with a link for the latest OS.

Head over to https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...8CE58EB18093A8 and fill in all the blanks, set the first choice to the first option, and the other two to the second.

Once the OS has downloaded, run the .exe to install the OS to your computer, select your actual country in the install wizard so it proceeds in your language.

After the OS has installed, search your C:\ drive for "vendor.xml" and delete any results.

After this head to "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Loader.exe" (C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Loader.exe for x64)

and follow the instructions to load your OS to your phone.
    12-24-12 05:42 PM