I can't find a way to contact the actual BlackBerry company. They don't seem to have any kind of contact info that doesn't go to some other company, i.e. digital river.

I have been a BlackBerry fan since the Curve 8320 was released. I then graduated to the Bold 9700, then the Bold 9900, then the Torch 9810 (favorite form factor by far), then the Z10, then the Q10, then the Z30 with the Red Passport being delivered tomorrow.

I am a HUGE BB fan, as the majority of the people on this site are. As just like the majority of fans on this site, we stuck by BB thru thick and thin, thru the good the bad and the ugly (a lot of bad and ugly). I am part of the Beta program and preach to everyone how amazing BB10 is and how BB is on it's way back!

My Z10, Q10 Z30 and Passport have all been purchased thru shopblackberry.com. Z10, Q10 and Z30 purchase experience was fine. No complaints. THEN, the Passport purchases. I order a white Passport and Red passport on December 2nd. The white Passport shipped within a week. The red Passport, just sitting there on open status. After week 2, I called shopblackberry.com (digital river) to find out what was going on. They couldn't tell me. It was no longer in pre-order status they said it wasn't on back order....then when is it shipping? I don't know sir, you will get an email when it does. Why hasn't it shipped? We don't know sir. We can't see that. Ok, I would like to cancel the order. We can't sir. Why not? once the order is placed, we can't cancel the order, unless it's pre-order or in backorder. So my phone hasn't shipped, for a reason you don't know, and even though it has not shipped or even been boxed, you can't cancel the order? Nope!. I am very frustrated. It's now beginning of January, still no phone. I call shopblackberry again. After going thru pretty much the same thing, I get transferred to another "customer service" (I use that term VERY loosely), and the guy tells me he will cancel the order for me and I don't have to worry about being charged or the phone being shipped. I thank him....a lot. So, I think it's done and done. Boy, was I wrong. I get an email on January 23rd at 4.54pm PST. Sorry, we can't cancel your order. The item is being shipped. you will receive an email with tracking info! WTF???? Seriously? After almost two months of an order just sitting there, you can't cancel the order and it takes almost two months for my phone to ship???

I don't know what the heck BB is doing and why they have such a cut rate company handling their orders and customer service (which I could hardly understand what any of these people are saying). This is how they treat their dedicated customers? or any customer for that matter? It is the worst experience I have ever had! They should be treating their customer's like gold! not like a hot steaming pile of crap!

Now, there's more. There's a story 2!
    A z30 I bought off shopblackberry.com back in March of 2014 died, the LCD screen to be exact. The phone itself worked. I was able to hook it up to link, back it up and wipe it. This happened early December 2014. I call BlackBerry "customer support" (again, loosely) to get an RMA for warranty work. I've dealt with many RMAs over the years with many different companies. Generally, fairly painless. This is the problem, troubleshoot, ok, that didn't work, here's an RMA number and shipping label that we email to you, send it in, fix/replace, and within a week, two at the most, I have my device/product back. Need to talk to someone and get answers because I have questions, no prob, call the company. BlackBerry? NOOOOO!!!! of course not. They made this process the worst possible process ever. I call support, they want to remote into my computer and take screen shots of link to see what I did to troubleshoot. WTF??? I have never had to do that before with anyone else, but ok. After that ordeal, she tells me, ok, I will send this to our RMA dept and they will ship you an empty box to send the phone back in. it will take 2 to 3 days to get your box once the RMA team notifies you. uhhh what???? So, you aren't creating the RMA and you can't just email me a label? No sir, it goes to out RMA dept. geez. ok. So, I have no phone at all right now and I have to wait this long to even just send it in? can't you do an advance replacement? I give you my credit card number and you send me a phone so I have something to use while you're working on mine? No sir, we only do that if it's within the first 30 days of the purchase. Geez! So, about 3 days later, I get an email from the RMA dept saying they have processed the RMA and a box will be sent out, it will take a day or two. a week later, I get the empty box. I ship my defective phone back. about a week later, I get an email from Chris in their repairs dept. Sorry, my phone is not covered under warranty. the damage found is not covered and will cost $530 to repair. WTF??. Ok, what damage? a couple days later I get a reply. sorry, the damage is not covered under warranty. What damage??? nothing for a couple days. I call, again, talking to the customer service team, never get to talk to the repair team. Customer service team has no idea, they have to get back to me after talking to the repair team. a couple days later again, I have to call. I am told that the LCD is not covered under warranty. This is what the supervisor is telling me. He switches between, the LCD is not covered under warranty, to the warehouse ran diagnostics and the diagnostics shows something that you did, it's not a defective failure. Well, what is causing the issue then? they couldn't not tell me. he just kept saying diagnostics shows something happened to the phone and it's not covered. I told him I need to know what failed that I caused. Then he goes back to, it was nothing I did, the LCD is not covered under warranty. If I wanted them to fix it, it will be $250. What the hell happened to over $500? This was the supervisor! He told me he will ship it back. So, I get on the warranty page and start reading, nothing about LCD not being covered was in there. So I called back. I told the next customer service rep that I need to know why t he LCD failed. A week later, I get an email with a very zoomed in pic of supposedly a z30, showing the LCD screen cracked, not the Glass but the actual LCD. I said I wanted a clearer picture. 3 days later I get another email saying that they are waiting on the repair station. a week later of not hearing from anyone, I email them to ship the phone back, no reply. about 4 days later, I email them again asking why is their customer service so horrible, I can't get a hold of anyone and can't get any replies and that I think I'm being scammed. Of course, no reply. I finally get the phone back yesterday. Not fixed!

almost 2 months without a decent phone and being held in limbo and from what I feel, ripped off. I am a small business owner. I rely on my phone heavily.

I know BB is gunning for enterprise, but this shouldn't be the way they treat the consumer. Since there is no BlackBerry Stores I have to rely on them handling the RMA in a fast and proficient manner. At the very least, I would like for them to ACT like they care about the consumer. Their customer service experiences have been absolutely horrible to say the least.

I have Tmobile and live in the US. Because of these two experiences, if BB doesn't do some major fixing in their consumer customer service area, I will go to a Windows Phone for my next phone. I don't want to, I love my BB and BB10, but I will go to a company that cares. BB is in no position to not care about the very few consumers they have left.

Bla1ze or Kevin, I am hoping that you can bring this to BBs attention. I feel consumer customer service has to be top priority. Because of this experience, my dad will not go back to blackberry when he gets a new phone. he doesn't want to go thru what I went thru.
    01-28-15 05:01 PM
    Wow, glad you got that off your chest! What a rant!

Not sure how B1aze or Kevin (who has handed over the whelm) could help you with this.

Maybe try the following:

In the past when I tried getting hold of people at blackberry I tweeted then at their official Twitter account and got a direct message back almost within 12 hours containing an email address or phone number. Try that!

Have they taken money of you for the passport? If not, cancel the card you paid with. If they have you could contact your credit card provider and explain that you have not received the goods after Nearly 2 months. They should block the payment, refund you and take it up with digital river just like they would with any fraudulent transaction. One of the few benefits of using a credit card....at least here in the uk.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Posted via CB10
    neoberry99 likes this.
    01-28-15 05:19 PM
    I will open a twitter account and try that.

and Bla1ze and Kevin (I know about the passing of the torch) know people there and can get a lot farther faster (I'm sure) than the normal consumer can.

Yeah, I HATE typing! That's why that was the cliffnotes version lol.
    01-28-15 05:25 PM
    and thanks for the twitter advice.
    01-28-15 05:26 PM
    01-28-15 06:07 PM
    Here is the support form for phones purchased from ShopBlackBerry.

https://consumersupport.webapps.blac...orm/shopbb_en/
    01-28-15 07:12 PM
    Just bought a passport of there today and this is making me very nervous
    01-28-15 07:23 PM
    Truly sad. The chances we take when we purchase these devices backed by poor customer service.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 08:39 PM
    After reading numerous negative stories about shop BlackBerry. I still bought a Z30 during the holiday sale. I am two months into my one year warranty. If my Z30 malfunctions, I will throw it in the trash and won't deal with that crappy customer service. At that point I won't buy another BlackBerry product again.

Posted via CB10
    Tabdus, NYTOC83 and bharuch7282 like this.
    01-28-15 08:45 PM
    After reading numerous negative stories about shop BlackBerry. I still bought a Z30 during the holiday sale. I am two months into my one year warranty. If my Z30 malfunctions, I will throw it in the trash and won't deal with that crappy customer service. At that point I won't buy another BlackBerry product again.

Posted via CB10
    I bought my Classic from ShopBlackberry and got the SquareTrade two year warranty for it.

Posted via Classic
    01-28-15 08:56 PM
    I bought my Classic from ShopBlackberry and got the SquareTrade two year warranty for it.

Posted via Classic
    What is square trade.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 08:57 PM
    Truly sad. The chances we take when we purchase these devices backed by poor customer service.

Posted via CB10
    It is sad. I called customer service a few times and they are terrible. My Z30 was $249, so, I am taking a gamble on it. I would never make a big purchase through shop BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 09:00 PM

Posted via Classic
    Smart!! Imma look into it before I buy my PP.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 09:01 PM
    Smart!! Imma look into it before I buy my PP.

Posted via CB10
    Probably better to buy passport through Amazon. Have you read all the threads about shop BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    01-28-15 09:03 PM
    Bla1ze or Kevin, I am hoping that you can bring this to BBs attention.
    I've brought several of these cases and similar to BlackBerry's attention. I point them out whenever they arise. What happens after that, I don't know but I do know they're aware of it. In the way of customer service, nothing is going to change overnight and its often hard to correct the past but they're putting more effort into ShopBlackBerry. Just the other day, I posted on my BBM Channel that they were looking for a senior VP of online sales. Just like the others, I will pass this one along as well.
    01-28-15 09:08 PM
    I hate digital river. I love blackberry phones and OS though. I let my first z10's warranty expire rather than get it replaced or fixed under warranty (rare battery drain, freeze, auto shut off). My second one has camera issues and its warranty shall expire soon. I dread dealing with digital river after my previous experiences with them and all these other forum postings. I contacted @blackberryhelp though twitter about your situation and mine. I hope they can resolve your issue promptly and well & let me/us know how to work with digital river customer service and be satisfied with them instead of wanting to yank our hair out and consider leaving blackberry.
    01-28-15 09:20 PM
    I've brought several of these cases and similar to BlackBerry's attention. I point them out whenever they arise. What happens after that, I don't know but I do know they're aware of it. In the way of customer service, nothing is going to change overnight and its often hard to correct the past but they're putting more effort into ShopBlackBerry. Just the other day, I posted on my BBM Channel that they were looking for a senior VP of online sales. Just like the others, I will pass this one along as well.
    Does this mean they are looking to leave digital river and manage their own online sales & customer service?
    How soon could they leave Digital River?
    Can we organize a petition?
    01-28-15 09:25 PM
    Probably better to buy passport through Amazon. Have you read all the threads about shop BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    No doubt...Amazon all the way. I've lived the anguish and disappointment thru fellow members. No need to go that route.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 09:26 PM
    Does this mean they are looking to leave digital river and manage their own online sales & customer service?
    How soon could they leave Digital River?
    Can we organize a petition?
    Well, I wouldn't base a move like that on the hiring of one person but the potential is there. At the very least, a hiring like that signals a deeper emphasis on online sales and customer service.
    harshadpatel likes this.
    01-28-15 09:35 PM
    @bla1ze I guess BlackBerry is still under contract with Digital River. We will just wait and see who are they going to subcon in terms of selling the products for consumer once the contract ends.
    01-28-15 09:41 PM
    Bla1ze you do good work.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-28-15 09:48 PM
    I read the linked in job listing and to me it seems that they aren't necessarily looking for someone to build and run an online sales & CS unit but rather co-ordinate and expand sales through 3rd party vendors. Which explains the amazon partnership.

Under Chen it seems like blackberry is going to run more partnerships/alliances/ect. What areas do you think they will also form partnerships with? What areas do you think they might start or return to do inhouse?

IOT seems to be a mix so long as they protect IP and expand sales. Enterprise I'm not sure what they plan to do other than increase revenue opportunities with BBOS numbers dropping.

Can we find numbers or plans on their devices? Have they projected or planned to increase or decline mobile device spending? what about R&D for prosumer/consumer devices? Do you see a future where they allow bb10 on devices designed though partnerships?
    With the more recent bb10 devices do we know if they have relied more or less on paying royalties and using parts from other manufacturers? Do we have any indications that they are doubling down on in house cellular device design and productions or are preparing to transition to expanding partnerships like they do with foxcon? Do we know which devices have and haven't been through foxcon?

Have they announced more details or plans (dates/timelines) for monetizing bbm? (timed messages, retractions)

barrage of questions. It is not every day the Crackberry EIC replies to my questions, sorry if I outstayed my welcome but I had to at least hope you'd read this and muse some answers
    01-28-15 10:20 PM
    Can we find numbers or plans on their devices? Have they projected or planned to increase or decline mobile device spending? what about R&D for prosumer/consumer devices? Do you see a future where they allow bb10 on devices designed though partnerships?
    With the more recent bb10 devices do we know if they have relied more or less on paying royalties and using parts from other manufacturers? Do we have any indications that they are doubling down on in house cellular device design and productions or are preparing to transition to expanding partnerships like they do with foxcon? Do we know which devices have and haven't been through foxcon?
    For R&D, they were ranked second in Canada for the amount they spent in 2014 only behind Bombardier - BlackBerry ranked second highest Canadian company in R&D spending | CrackBerry.com $1.3B or around 18% of their revenue.

When it comes to mobile spending, they've been reducing that by cutting advertising for better or worse. Last year they reportedly spent $91M but in 2010 they spent approx. $161M.

BlackBerry 10 on other devices - Not sure what you mean here. Like someone else building BlackBerry device or someone who just wants to run BB10 under their own name? If it's someone wanting to run BB10 under their own name, I don't see that happening at all.

Plans surrounding in-house vs. outsourced design have already been laid out. BlackBerry in-house will build any of the what BlackBerry deems high-quality devices while Foxconn will build budget or lower end devices. Whatever friendly term you wish to apply to it other than 'cheap' lol.

Thus far, Foxconn has only built the BlackBerry Z3 and the BlackBerry Classic. Many outlets reported the Passport as being built by Foxconn but that's not true.

Royalties, I dunno about and BBM, well that's an ongoing process and they've not yet set any hard line dates.
    crackberryspqr likes this.
    01-28-15 11:13 PM
    Digital River also runs the Microsoft online store, and I bought a computer through them with no issues whatsoever. I did something stupid on the website and the transaction stalled, so I called their CS and they fixed the problem and completed the transaction. Very nice to deal with. The computer arrived 2 or 3 days later.

I wonder if totally different, jaded people handle the BlackBerry sales?

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    Last edited by ALToronto; 01-28-15 at 11:35 PM.
    01-28-15 11:24 PM
    Yeah, I've been on there. For the consumer side, there's nothing except for twitter that point to BlackBerry themselves, it goes to a carrier, shopblackberry (digital river) or amazon.
    01-28-15 11:34 PM
62 123