HI all
    Looking for some advice on an issue I am currently experiencing intermittently.

I have a BB Torch 9800 which I am happy with and have no issues whatsoever in connecting to my home WIFI and getting a BIS connection.

The issue is when I am away from my home wifi - I can connect to other Wifi networks (e.g my folks house) - however my BB then shows that BIS is still over my VF carrier network and not the wifi.

I have tried the following:
    Reboot the router
    Deleting and re-adding the wifi profile
    Reboot BB

Any advice would be great.
    Regards
    Woody
    02-19-12 03:59 PM
    It could be a router setting taht is blocking things?
    02-19-12 06:58 PM
    Thanks for the reply - do u know what setting I need to look for?
    02-20-12 01:13 AM
    Thanks for the reply - do u know what setting I need to look for?
    Whats the router brand? Usually most routers have a "demilitarized zone" (may be called different in that router), which basically disables any firewalls or port blocking the router may have configured globally for a specific IP address, in this case, the network IP address of the blackberry, which you can get from inside the router in a status page or info, or a similar name.

Have you tried also connecting to wifi and turning off the mobile network radio and leaving only wifi?
    02-20-12 03:20 AM
    Hi there
    The router is a netgear dg834gt and is the same one I used at home before swapping for a N router. I did have to flash the firmware as it was locked down by my bb provider Sky.

I did turn off my mobile network and whilst wifi connected - I didn't get BIS
    02-20-12 03:27 AM
    Hi there
    The router is a netgear dg834gt and is the same one I used at home before swapping for a N router. I did have to flash the firmware as it was locked down by my bb provider Sky.

I did turn off my mobile network and whilst wifi connected - I didn't get BIS
    Check out page 93, or chapter 7 (look for DMZ) of the manual if its still not connecting.
    http://kbserver.netgear.com/pdf/dg834gt_manual.pdf
    stevewoodrow11 likes this.
    02-20-12 07:21 PM
    Thanks gbsn - I will take a look.
    02-21-12 03:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD