anybody have news or an update on this happening? It is suppose to happen in North America starting Oct 8th and should have started in Asia and Europe already.
    09-29-11 06:51 PM
    Apparently Sprint is rolling out Oct 8. Any other carrier going to get on board? Do we know what user's will notice when it rolls out?
    10-07-11 06:40 PM
    Just larger emails instead of them being truncated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-11 06:43 PM
    Hopefully this means I can keep my e-mail addresses when switching SIM cards whenever I travel abroad
    10-07-11 09:56 PM
    Just larger emails instead of them being truncated.

full emails? Or just 'less truncated'?

Also, any word for VZW? How will we know when it has happened?
    10-07-11 10:31 PM
    full emails? Or just 'less truncated'?

Also, any word for VZW? How will we know when it has happened?
    Not sure how we'll know but here is the info on it:

The following is a list of new features being introduced with BlackBerry Internet Service 4.1:

Improved large email and native attachment support
    Subscribers using BlackBerry smartphones with BlackBerry� 7 installed can:
    receive email messages that are up to 11MB in size
    download attachments in their original format that are up to 8MB in size
    view up to 300KB in an HTML email message
    No interruption to email flow on SIM swap
    Subscribers who insert a new SIM card in to their BlackBerry smartphone, including SIM cards from a different wireless service provider, no longer experience email flow interruptions. The BlackBerry Internet Service only stops sending email to a smartphone when the subscriber deletes all data from the smartphone, not when a new SIM card is inserted in to the smartphone.

Due to this change, before selling a smartphone, subscribers must delete all data from the smartphone (security wipe) to protect personal information, including email messages and synchronized contacts and calendar events. Note: This functionality will be available when BlackBerry Internet Service 4.1 is released in all regions.

Inbox priming for new account integrations
    When a subscriber adds an email address to a smartphone, the inbox on the subscriber�s smartphone is pre-populated with up to 20 existing email messages from the email account.

Additional language support
    Latvian and Lithuanian are supported by the BlackBerry Internet Service. Emails received in these languages can now be viewed on BlackBerry smartphones.

10-07-11 11:39 PM
    I believe the 4.1 upgrade happened last night, this morning I received 40 emails that I had already received on my Outlook desktop. Some of these dated back to February. All these emails were Microsoft Infopath emails that I had not been receiving on my phone, only on my Outlook exchange desktop. I switched from a Windows Mobile phone to BB in February and one feature the WM phone had was the ability to see these emails. I lost that feature until this morning and I believe it's because of the BIS 4.1 upgrade. Love it Great!
    10-08-11 05:22 AM
    I believe the 4.1 upgrade happened last night, this morning I received 40 emails that I had already received on my Outlook desktop. Some of these dated back to February. All these emails were Microsoft Infopath emails that I had not been receiving on my phone, only on my Outlook exchange desktop. I switched from a Windows Mobile phone to BB in February and one feature the WM phone had was the ability to see these emails. I lost that feature until this morning and I believe it's because of the BIS 4.1 upgrade. Love it Great!
    Cool! Are you with Sprint?
    10-08-11 06:08 AM
    No, I'm with Cellular South (C Spire)
    10-08-11 06:20 AM
    I actually lost an email or 2 over night
    10-08-11 06:31 AM
    Sent myself a BIS email with 8.24 MB attachment and it came right through. I'm now receiving the same email on BB as I receive on Desktop Outlook. I can't confirm BIS 4.1 but something changed last night and I'm seeing great improvements in BIS email.
    10-08-11 07:28 AM
    I'm with Tmobile in the US and my gmail have not been arriving this morning. I have all my gmail forwarded to blackberry.net and those mails have been arriving - and which is why i know my gmail is down.
    10-08-11 08:12 AM
    The update must have happened because my emails aren't pushing. Only my @carrier.blackberry.net email is pushing; the others are not. I already rebooted twice. What do I do now???
    10-08-11 08:48 AM
    I am on AT+T using a 9810 torch and I woke up to "Message truncated due to size" on all my e-mails. Any ideas how to fix this issue? I was recieveing everything fine before.

10-08-11 09:17 AM
    Bell - Oct 9th according to tech support
    10-08-11 09:17 AM
    I am on AT+T using a 9810 torch and I woke up to "Message truncated due to size" on all my e-mails. Any ideas how to fix this issue? I was recieveing everything fine before.

Same problem here but on a Sprint 9930. Reboot did not help. Re-registered on the network to no avail. All other services seem to be working.
    10-08-11 09:18 AM
    Hang in there folks. All my emails have started pushing through. It fixes itself. I guess this means the update is all set.

10-08-11 09:29 AM
    Hang in there folks. All my emails have started pushing through. It fixes itself. I guess this means the update is all set.

My e-mails are coming just with the "Message truncated due to size" on everyone!!

10-08-11 09:35 AM
    i am also getting all of my emails with a message "emails truncated due to size" on my sprint bold 9930 this morning. have rebooted twice but i guess i need to be patient? i will wait for it to fix itself. looks like the change was made overnight but there are some bugs!
    10-08-11 09:50 AM
    I guess patience was the key. E-mails coming no problem now.

10-08-11 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD