I have had my BB for about a year now, but never made a BIS account on my computer for my carrier. BIS has been working fine without it though, the first time I fired up my BB, BIS just worked. I do have a BIS package on my plan, but just never made a login for it on my carrier's website. What does the BIS account do if I make one on my computer for my carrier? Is it needed if everything has been working fine?
Last edited by blue_k; 12-09-2012 at 07:11 AM.In RIM we trust!
- CrackBerry Addict
12-09-2012, 06:17 AM #2
- 811 Posts
I guess what you mean is the email address for your carrier associated to BIS. No, this is not needed at all. In all my 8 years with BB, I've never done it as well as I have no need for another separate email.Curve 8300 -> Curve 8320 -> Bold 9780 -> Torch 9860 -> Bold 9900 -> Z10
iPad 1 -> iPad 2 -> Playbook 64gb
I am talking about this https://virginmobileusa.blackberry.com/. That's the BIS page for my carrier. I never made an account for it. Do I need one if things are working ok now? Would I gain anything by making one?In RIM we trust!
- CrackBerry User
12-09-2012, 07:08 AM #4
- 47 Posts
There was a time when you had to setup email on the carriers website. You could change the signature of the email, decide what to sync on the account, etc. Now all of that can be done on the phone. Some carriers offered an email account with like @telus.blackberry.net. I don't think most people use these. So unless virgin Mobile has some features you can only set through their website...there's no point.
- By JoshuaExline in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 7Last Post: 07-10-2008, 04:51 PM
- By bleudj in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 16Last Post: 02-22-2008, 01:18 AM
- By supermanjamil in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 1Last Post: 01-07-2008, 06:01 PM
- By 7carisfast in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 4Last Post: 12-18-2007, 11:53 AM
- By nickandersen04 in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 2Last Post: 10-17-2007, 05:21 PM