Maybe it will sound strange and boring, but could not find the answer.

I am on the business trip, using Roaming. Now Connected to Orange (in Poland), 2G network, having EDGE in big letter.
    As it states, my BIS is over the Mobile network.

In the morning (in the office) I have connected my BB to a hotspot network, entered login/password data in my BB browser and had a WiFi icon with the BB icon aside. As I understand, it says that I have the BIS over Wifi.

When I came back to my room, where I have my own, standard wifi network (not a hotspot), I see that BB is connected to Wifi, but BIS is still through Mobile carrier (and there is no BB icon near my WIfi), even the WIfi signal is excellent...

I re-registered few times, but still it goes through Orange, not the Wifi...

What to do? How to make it work through the Wifi?
    I want my emails/bbm/etc to go through my wifi which is free of charge....
    Please help!!!
    02-17-12 05:17 PM
    see if the office can reset the router
    I have the same issue sometimes at home on my router
    02-17-12 05:26 PM
    no no no..

it's different routers.

At the office there is one set-up where wifi works as hotspot, at "home" - there is anothet setup - standard personal wifi router (fonera, I use it for my travels - small one), connected to the facility network via cable. no hot spots, justs standard wifi network in my room.. the same setup I have at home.

it just somehow BB does not register through Wifi... edit service books? what to do?
    02-17-12 05:30 PM
    Maybe wifi router have Internet cnx issue. Just reboot your router.
    02-17-12 05:48 PM
    well, WIFI works just fine for laptop I am posting now...

router rebooted, nothing's changed.
    Last edited by yessuz; 02-17-12 at 06:09 PM.
    02-17-12 05:49 PM
    Yessuz, if I understand the problem correctly, the BB will not connect to BIS through your travel router that is connected to the hotel wired network - even though your laptop is accessing the web through that same travel router.

Have you tried running the Wi-Fi Diagnostics tool on your BB to see where in the process it is failing to connect? Which model BB do you have, by the way?
    02-17-12 06:11 PM
    I have no issue connecting my bis acct thru wifi in d airports. must be something.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    02-17-12 06:19 PM
    Yessuz, if I understand the problem correctly, the BB will not connect to BIS through your travel router that is connected to the hotel wired network - even though your laptop is accessing the web through that same travel router.

Have you tried running the Wi-Fi Diagnostics tool on your BB to see where in the process it is failing to connect? Which model BB do you have, by the way?

YES.
    I have 9780 Bold.
    How can I use this wifi diagnostics?
    By the way, Bold connects to the router without any problem. here's screen shot:
    i.imgur.com/IQD2U.png
    I still cannot publish links, su just copy-paste the "link" to your browser address bar ;(
    Last edited by yessuz; 02-17-12 at 06:22 PM.
    02-17-12 06:20 PM
    I have no issue connecting my bis acct thru wifi in d airports. must be something.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    Bis through Wifi as Hot Spot in office (like in air ports) was working for me for half a day...

when I returned back to hotel - it just doesn't
    02-17-12 06:22 PM
    Here's WiFi diagnostics report:

Wi-Fi
    Current Profile: MyPlace
    SSID: MyPlace
    AP MAC Address: 00:18:84:21:01:02
    Security Type: WEP
    Local IP Address: 192.168.10.233
    Signal Level: -35 dBm
    Connection Data Rate: 54 Mbps

VPN