Guys,

my company just upgraded from exchange 2003 to exchange 2007 on friday night. I got a message on my storm saying "no longer able to retrieve emails blah blah blah please check settings

here is my info

URL (on my computer) http://webmail.companyname.com
    Username : domain\(companyID)
    Password: (my password)
    mailbox: (the XXXX part of [email protected])

I can log in on the web with all of these settings, all of which are the same as when we were on exchange 03. But BIS website will not validate the email. What the fcuk am I doing wrong? I have googled this to death on bbforums, crackberry and the na bb support forums. I honestly dont see what I am doing wrong. Please help.
    02-15-09 07:50 AM
    have you gone to the BIS site and removed and re-added the mail? The BIS site for VZW is BlackBerry Internet Service
    02-15-09 07:55 AM
    have you gone to the BIS site and removed and re-added the mail? The BIS site for VZW is BlackBerry Internet Service
    yes i deleted the original email and resterted fresh with a new one on the vzw BIS site
    02-15-09 07:57 AM
    Is this being setup as pop3 or imap?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 08:24 AM
    Is this being setup as pop3 or imap?

Not sure what you mean but I believe neither, I am utilizing my company's OWA access.

I get this error from BIS site

"A connection could not be established to webmail.companyname.com/Exchange/(inboxname). Please check that the server name is correct and that the server is available."

everything works when I log in from the web. Am I doing something wrong or can I assume that the IT dep has some glitches to work out on the exchange server side with the upgrade?
    02-15-09 08:30 AM
    When setting up your email on the bis page. Put in the email account your going to use then don't put a password. It will say failed and ask you to input the data manually. Try it that way. Then you can put the mail server info and login stuff and see if that helps you out.

02-15-09 08:40 AM
    When setting up your email on the bis page. Put in the email account your going to use then don't put a password. It will say failed and ask you to input the data manually. Try it that way. Then you can put the mail server info and login stuff and see if that helps you out.

thats what I have been doing
    02-15-09 08:46 AM
    Ok now I can get it to try and validate but now am getting this error

"An error occured during account validation, please check info and try again"
    02-15-09 08:48 AM
    I'd ask your IT guys what to do. Sounds like the mailserver part isn't right. Sorry I can't be of more help.

02-15-09 08:50 AM
    Try putting /exchange at the end of the URL. I had to do this when my company did this. Also between the domain and username make sure you have the slash going in the right direction. On mine it is Domain\username, where you have it as Domain/username.
    02-15-09 04:00 PM
    Try putting /exchange at the end of the URL. I had to do this when my company did this. Also between the domain and username make sure you have the slash going in the right direction. On mine it is Domain\username, where you have it as Domain/username.
    tried both, still get the unable to validate error.

When i do https://url i get this error

A connection could not be established to webmail.companyname.com/exchange/inboxname

When i do http://url

I get the unable to validate error

Thoughts?
    02-16-09 01:40 PM
    Our company upgraded to MS Exchange 2007 last Friday as well, and BIS has stopped workig for 700 some people that were not using BES. The only options for using our BBs through BIS at this moment for us are to either get hooked up to BES or to look into ActiveSync for Blackberry software.

The BIS does not support a MS OWA source using a Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server (ISA Server) which is present on our system and probably is present on yours (you can check this if the addition of /CookieAuth.ddl to the end of the Webmail address when entered into the broswer address bar). According to BB, "This is a previously reported issue that has been escalated internally to our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available".

BIS is not going to come back until RIM comes up with a fix for their software to know how to talk to the ISA appliances.
    02-20-09 07:36 AM
    The BIS does not support a MS OWA source using a Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server (ISA Server) which is present on our system and probably is present on yours (you can check this if the addition of /CookieAuth.ddl to the end of the Webmail address when entered into the broswer address bar).
    I haven't been able to get OWA to work either since the switch. Looks like your explanation is correct. I get the following after my webmail address:

CookieAuth.dll?GetLogon?curl=Z2Fexchange&reason=0& formdir=1
    02-20-09 10:33 AM
    sounds like we are all in the same boat. booz?
    02-20-09 08:21 PM
    Has everyone who has this problem made sure that there SSL settings arwe correct? I.e........ Make sure if you are trying http that you try https and vis versa.... I know my co did this and didn't send out and email til AFTER the fact....m I kept revalidating my pass and it kept kicking it back..... When I got into the office the next day (I had been on vaca when this went down) I found the email bout the change in the settings

02-20-09 11:27 PM
    i know it's been long but I'm having exact problem.

#13 02-20-2009, 11:33 AM
    KINetics
    CrackBerry Abuser
    Device Model: 9630
    Carrier: Verizon Join Date: May 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmitriyd
    The BIS does not support a MS OWA source using a Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server (ISA Server) which is present on our system and probably is present on yours (you can check this if the addition of /CookieAuth.ddl to the end of the Webmail address when entered into the broswer address bar).

My OWA is not working and get the following after my webmail address:

CookieAuth.dll?GetLogon?curl=Z2Fexchange&reason=0& formdir=1

We're still on Exchange2003 but there is an ISA server.

Did anyone was able to resolve this? How?

Thanks!
    09-11-09 01:52 PM
    I have the same problem. Since company upgrade to ISA I cannot get my mail. BB said to either have company use IMAP or POP but company won't. No fix in sight. I am wondering if one of the new Windows based phones will work.
    01-07-10 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD