I'm pretty sure that BIS IMAP didn't sync read status from my BB to the IMAP server last week, but right now I've just realised that my BB has started syncing them - to IMAP only. Read (and deleted) from IMAP isn't being brought back to the BB.

Has anyone else noticed this change in behaviour?

Pretty annoying really - I read stuff on the BB and like that the message is still unread on the desktop, because the E-mails I get I have to be at my desktop to deal with :-(
    09-24-11 09:09 AM
    I have to say that's how it's always been for me since I used IMAP on the BB. Anything I do on the BB syncs back to the mailbox and then the desktop, any emails read on on the desktop are sync'd back only as far as the mailbox for the mark as read status, once the mail is on my BB the only way to mark it read it do read it or do a "mark prior opened".

That's how it's always been since I changed to IMAP from POP.
    09-24-11 09:16 AM
    Honestly I'm sure I remember running tests that read emails onb my BB aren't synced to the desktop. This is was so I could "mark read prior" on my BB but not have my entire inbox marked read on my desktop. As I said I can only deal with my E-mail at my desktop.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-11 09:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD