When I delete Gmail messages from my BIS account on my BB 9700, instead of them being deleted from my GMail account on the PC, they just get archived as unread messages.

How can I create settings that will enable messages deleted from my BIS Gmail account to be moved to the trash folder on my PC GMail account?

Thanks in advance for the help.
    08-26-11 09:46 AM
    Delete the account and set it up again as a Gmail account rather than a generic account. A standard Gmail setup will handle deletions the way you prefer.
    08-26-11 05:55 PM
    When I set up the account, I thought I did set it up as a Gmail account.

What does it mean to set up the account as a Gmail account?
    08-27-11 07:41 PM
    Ordinarily, when you set up a Gmail account in BIS on a web browser, you give it your Gmail address and it automatically sets it up as a Gmail account. With such a setup when you delete a message on the BlackBerryIf the message will be moved to the Trash in Gmail. If you are setting it up using the setup app on your phone, you have the option of setting it up as a generic IMAP account that will behave the way you describe, only removing the Inbox label from the message and leaving it archived in All Mail. Only the Gmail-specific setup in BIS will move them to the Trash.

Another thing to check is whether your account is set to synchronize deleted items. It is an option in the BIS Gmail setup on the web or on your phone.
    08-27-11 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD