I have a Tour on Verizon, running the latest official OS, and my email settings are correct (sync deleted items). I have tried deleting and re-adding the accounts.

If I send an email from my pc, it shows up as sent on my phone. But if I delete an email on my pc, it doesn't delete on my phone. Telling the phone to reconcile doesn't do anything.

Any ideas?
    07-20-10 01:23 PM
    It may take a little longer for the delete sync to show on your device. I haven't tested this in a while, I think I'll give it a shot and see what happens...

*UPDATE* - It's been just about a half hour since I deleted off my Gmail, still on my BB inbox... maybe it doesn't work the other way...
    Last edited by elvin1983; 07-20-10 at 02:50 PM.
    07-20-10 02:23 PM
    I have the same problem...on T-Mobile here. Sent emails from my PC show up immediately on my BB but that's it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-10 11:35 PM
    The messages will delete from your device when you receive your next inbound message, or shortly thereafter. If you delete from your device, it will immediately delete on your PC. That ' reconcile now' does nothing. ...never has!

07-21-10 12:06 AM
    Ya I was wondering that too....why does 'reconcile now' do nothing?

07-21-10 12:46 AM
    You guys do have the enhanced gmail plugin installed right?
    07-21-10 01:10 AM
    Yeah, I've had it since day one. But as far as I'm concerned, it's not all it's cracked up to be. For example, if I view my 'All Mail' folder on my device, it doesn't display all the messages that are really in my All Mail folder on the PC. There's no sync with the messages that are on the Gmail servers; although, my incoming and outgoing sync fine. Because of this, I don't use EGP. I just read and send on my device and wait till I get home to do whatever I need to do regarding folder activity.

07-21-10 01:57 AM
    It seems day to day, some days it syncs and does it quickly where as other days it doesn't sync them at all, it needs some work
    07-21-10 06:57 AM
    from my experiences with it... it does sync both ways.

if you delete from the pc, it will delete on the handheld when you send an email from the handheld or just give it enough time (~3 hours for me)

when you delete from handheld... the delete on pc should be fairly quick. upwards of an hour for me.
    07-21-10 09:04 AM
    I have a Tour on Verizon, running the latest official OS, and my email settings are correct (sync deleted items). I have tried deleting and re-adding the accounts.

If I send an email from my pc, it shows up as sent on my phone. But if I delete an email on my pc, it doesn't delete on my phone. Telling the phone to reconcile doesn't do anything.

Any ideas?
    Same here. It was working great until maybe a week ago.
    07-21-10 10:26 AM
    2-way sync...it's been working for me...just take foooooooorever!

Different question: do your sent mails show up on your gmail folder (not the BB Messages folder)? Mine used to but it hasn't been lately...however, when I do open up the BB messages folder, it does appear as sent mail there...

Anyone else?
    07-21-10 11:04 AM
    Glad to see that i'm not the only one with this problem, but sorry to see that this problem exists.

I just looked at my actual gmail folder, not the global inbox, it seems messed up. There are 3 emails in there, but I have hundreds in my gmail inbox. Not sure what's going on with that. All emails (received and sent) are in my global inbox, though.

Not trying to troll here, but this is my first and last blackberry. I love the hardware, but the software just leaves a lot to be desired. I would be much happier with a simple IMAP client that just polls every few minutes and actually keeps my mail in sync. And blackberries don't really excel in any other area.
    07-22-10 09:44 AM
    I've never been able to get read/delete status to replicate from web client to phone, only the other way around.
    07-22-10 10:02 AM
    I've never been able to get read/delete status to replicate from web client to phone, only the other way around.
    Same here. If web->BB sync does happen its can take a full day. Why can't RIM provide the same 2-way sync for gmail as it does for Yahoo.
    07-23-10 07:14 AM
    I believe my Gmail syncs fine. However, It's Hotmail that is so dreadful, horrible, and every other negative adjective in the book.
    07-23-10 09:01 AM
    Same here. If web->BB sync does happen its can take a full day. Why can't RIM provide the same 2-way sync for gmail as it does for Yahoo.
    Hard to blame RIM and not also GMail here. It's a two-way street. Who should be obligated to conform to the other's protocols?
    07-23-10 10:32 AM
    Hard to blame RIM and not also GMail here. It's a two-way street. Who should be obligated to conform to the other's protocols?
    That's a fair point, but both gmail and yahoo support imap, which is pretty standard. Blackberry does not support imap because of their push/retrieval service.

My ipod touch, with it's basic imap client, gets emails quickly and stays in sync with the webclient. Would be nice if blackberry at least offered an imap client.
    07-23-10 02:28 PM
    That's a fair point, but both gmail and yahoo support imap, which is pretty standard. Blackberry does not support imap because of their push/retrieval service.

My ipod touch, with it's basic imap client, gets emails quickly and stays in sync with the webclient. Would be nice if blackberry at least offered an imap client.
    Offering an imap client would have to connect the BB to the provider's mail servers. Because BIS does the connection that's not possible. BIS is the middle man and prevents some of the imap features.
    07-24-10 08:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD