I am not sure where to ask this but here it goes.

I am using BIS on Verizon. Right now I can not access my account online just on the phone.

There a 2 main issues that I am having.

1. The message being delivered to my phone might take 10 minutes. Is this normal?

2. BIG ISSUE. I am using POP3 settings on my computer and on my phone. Same parameters at both locations etc. It seems my desktop will run longer than normal. When I say normal longer than when I didn't have my blackberry email set up earlier this month.

I would imagine it is because POP only allows access to one user at a time. Other then the delivery delay my phone will receive all of my mail.

I am using my BIS email wrong?

Thanks to all.
    08-23-11 10:06 AM
    not sure which server you are using to determine what the error might be but any pop3 server takes 10-15 minutes to poll, using IMAP is essentially instantaneous. You also have to make sure in your pop settings to have the check next to leave messages on server. Other than that you really shouldn't be having that issue so it might be the server itself.
    flyersfan76 likes this.
    08-23-11 11:46 AM
    not sure which server you are using to determine what the error might be but any pop3 server takes 10-15 minutes to poll, using IMAP is essentially instantaneous. You also have to make sure in your pop settings to have the check next to leave messages on server. Other than that you really shouldn't be having that issue so it might be the server itself.
    Ok,

Our service is IBM Lotus Foundations (Domino) and on site. I do remember getting a document from Lotus about how to set up email for a blackberry but it was using a different email (forwarding) using another email address as the sender (blackberry email) and my corporate email would be used shown but I think in the headers you could see that it was vzw.blackberry or something like that.

At the time I didn't like that way since it was another email address and people might use it use it.

I haven't used IMAP since college and at the time it was a pain to use/set up or so I thought. Is IMAP much better to use if I have a blackberry and a email on my desktop stored in Outlook.

I am not sure if I want to learn another way of doing email BUT if it is easier and more advanced than I might consider it.

Thanks
    08-23-11 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD