Hello all,

I'm switching to BES Express, and there are some issues before i do that. Now i have my phone book synced to google, as well as a gmail account. So, i have a couple of noobish questions.
    - When activating BES will i lose my current settings from phone?
    - Will I be able to sync contacts with both bes and google contacts (that would be ok form me)?
    - Can i have mail from exchange with bes coexisting with gmail?
    - Since bes can controll everything on my phone, will I have to manually install every app i have right now or it will remain as it is (if not explicitly said opposite in some rule on bes)?

If I remember anything else, I will ask
    01-16-13 10:47 PM
    I can't be of any help, although some here may. The question I have for you, however, is why haven't you contacted RIM for these answers?
    01-16-13 11:01 PM
    I can't be of any help, although some here may. The question I have for you, however, is why haven't you contacted RIM for these answers?
    Because I estimated that here I will get a quicker solution. Yes before doing anything I will be contacting RIM, but here i see a lot of bb addicts, some of them are bes administrators, it kinda looked like good place to seek info
    01-16-13 11:12 PM
    Hello all,

I'm switching to BES Express, and there are some issues before i do that. Now i have my phone book synced to google, as well as a gmail account. So, i have a couple of noobish questions.
    - When activating BES will i lose my current settings from phone?
    - Will I be able to sync contacts with both bes and google contacts (that would be ok form me)?
    - Can i have mail from exchange with bes coexisting with gmail?
    - Since bes can controll everything on my phone, will I have to manually install every app i have right now or it will remain as it is (if not explicitly said opposite in some rule on bes)?

If I remember anything else, I will ask

I switched from BIS to BES Express last year and it went well.
    - You will not loose any settings from your phone or any apps.
    - n/a(I don't know cause I don't sync google contacts)
    - Yes you can have exchange mail coexist with every email account.
    - No need to manually install every app again. It will remain as is.
    My IT dept set it up, sent me a link to BES with password and setup went flawlessly. Nothing changed settings wise for me. Hope this helps.
    No need whatsoever to contact RIM.
    ruzpuz likes this.
    01-16-13 11:13 PM
    Because I estimated that here I will get a quicker solution. Yes before doing anything I will be contacting RIM, but here i see a lot of bb addicts, some of them are bes administrators, it kinda looked like good place to seek info
    That's a fair answer
    ruzpuz likes this.
    01-16-13 11:18 PM
    I switched from BIS to BES Express last year and it went well.
    - You will not loose any settings from your phone or any apps.
    - n/a(I don't know cause I don't sync google contacts)
    - Yes you can have exchange mail coexist with every email account.
    - No need to manually install every app again. It will remain as is.
    My IT dept set it up, sent me a link to BES with password and setup went flawlessly. Nothing changed settings wise for me. Hope this helps.
    No need whatsoever to contact RIM unless your IT guys have no idea what they are doing(which I doubt).
    Thank you so much. That leaves only one open question
    Will I be able to sync contacts with both bes and google contacts?

My best guess is that answer is yes, but I would still want to hear someone that knows a bit better than me....

Edit: Our IT guys are not what is worrying me. It is only me, considering transition of my family and close people to BES. So in past month I've been reading tons of documentation, not to screw anything up.
    Last edited by ruzpuz; 01-16-13 at 11:33 PM.
    01-16-13 11:19 PM
    Thank you so much. That leaves only one open question
    Will I be able to sync contacts with both bes and google contacts?

My best guess is that answer is yes, but I would still want to hear someone that knows a bit better than me....

Edit: Our IT guys are not what is worrying me. It is only me, considering transition of my family and close people to BES. So in past month I've been reading tons of documentation, not to screw anything up.
    Article Number: KB19269
    Article Title: What is Google Mail contact synchronization
    Article Link: KB19269-What is Google Mail contact synchronization

Particularly, "If the BlackBerry smartphone is also associated with an email address that uses a BlackBerry� Enterprise Server, the contact list on the BlackBerry smartphone will contain contacts from both the Google Mail address and contacts from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server email address. BlackBerry smartphone users cannot synchronize contacts between their Google Mail address and the BlackBerry Enterprise Server email address."
    01-17-13 12:34 AM
    Ok, this is confusing me... On my phone there are n contacts... and, if i activate enterprise, those contacts will not be synced with bes because im syncing them to google mail contacts?
    If i create new contact on my phone that contact will be synced with what service?

Edit: think i get it, those will be separate contact lists?
    01-17-13 03:00 AM