BIS to BES transition
I'm switching to BES Express, and there are some issues before i do that. Now i have my phone book synced to google, as well as a gmail account. So, i have a couple of noobish questions.
- When activating BES will i lose my current settings from phone?
- Will I be able to sync contacts with both bes and google contacts (that would be ok form me)?
- Can i have mail from exchange with bes coexisting with gmail?
- Since bes can controll everything on my phone, will I have to manually install every app i have right now or it will remain as it is (if not explicitly said opposite in some rule on bes)?
If I remember anything else, I will ask
- 01-17-2013, 12:13 AM #4
I switched from BIS to BES Express last year and it went well.
- You will not loose any settings from your phone or any apps.
- n/a(I don't know cause I don't sync google contacts)
- Yes you can have exchange mail coexist with every email account.
- No need to manually install every app again. It will remain as is.
My IT dept set it up, sent me a link to BES with password and setup went flawlessly. Nothing changed settings wise for me. Hope this helps.
No need whatsoever to contact RIM.7230>7780>8700>8100>8300>9000>8900>9700>9800>9860> 9900
Currently a new Z10 bridged with a 16gb Playbook.
Several iPhones, Androids, and WP in between.
Will I be able to sync contacts with both bes and google contacts?
My best guess is that answer is yes, but I would still want to hear someone that knows a bit better than me....
Edit: Our IT guys are not what is worrying me. It is only me, considering transition of my family and close people to BES. So in past month I've been reading tons of documentation, not to screw anything up.
Last edited by ruzpuz; 01-17-2013 at 12:33 AM.
- 01-17-2013, 01:34 AM #7
Article Title: What is Google Mail contact synchronization
Article Link: KB19269-What is Google Mail contact synchronization
Particularly, "If the BlackBerry smartphone is also associated with an email address that uses a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server, the contact list on the BlackBerry smartphone will contain contacts from both the Google Mail address and contacts from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server email address. BlackBerry smartphone users cannot synchronize contacts between their Google Mail address and the BlackBerry Enterprise Server email address."
Ok, this is confusing me... On my phone there are n contacts... and, if i activate enterprise, those contacts will not be synced with bes because im syncing them to google mail contacts?
If i create new contact on my phone that contact will be synced with what service?
Edit: think i get it, those will be separate contact lists?
- By BigDaddy27 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-27-2008, 10:11 AM
- By itwanmgr in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 05-14-2008, 04:01 AM
- By fpnunes in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 18Last Post: 04-16-2008, 05:56 PM
- By ywbyun in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 5Last Post: 03-12-2008, 03:56 PM
- By deltron612 in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 2Last Post: 12-14-2007, 01:13 PM