hi just brought a blackberry 8100 from sum1 of ebay, i think hes already made an account and was using the BES. i wanna use the BIS instead how do i go about doin it??
    02-11-08 05:05 PM
    It probably looks like they were using BES but they might not have been. I am guessing that you have tried the set up and only get 2 choices , set up a work email or skip set up. I think all BB's come pre loaded with this.

When you get a BIS account (Blackberry Tariff) new settings will be sent to you for settting up your BIS email.

Is your BB locked to orange?

Just realised that was you Harry, sorry if I keep replying to your posts. Obviously you haven't found my last posts helpful but I got my phone of Ebay too and went through it all. Did your seller confirm that he had BES?
    Last edited by Hazysky; 02-11-08 at 05:10 PM.
    02-11-08 05:08 PM
    Yeh it is locked to orange, wht can i do??
    02-11-08 05:10 PM
    That is fine if you are intending to stay with orange. If you want to have BIS you have to buy a Blackberry Tariff from Orange this will probably have to be combined with voice plan (texts and minutes) They will then send service books (sets of instructions) to your device, with these you can set up your email and get on the internet etc.

Find the cheapest voice plan that suits you then add the Blackberry Tariff to it.

Contact Orange.

If you do not want a Blackberry Tariff then your BB is just a basic phone that does calls and texts only.
    Last edited by Hazysky; 02-11-08 at 05:42 PM.
    02-11-08 05:16 PM
    how much does it cost?
    02-11-08 05:19 PM
    I am not sure as I am not with Orange. Go to Orange UK Home Page.

Orange unfortunately is not one of the cheapest, might cost you about �30 -40per month or less depending on your voice package, their BB tariff I think is �15 for only 6mb usage. This might be ok though if you are a low user. Some people aslo get the orange world (or whatever its called) data plan for �7.50 which gives them more mb.

Find the cheapest voice plan then add the blackberry tariff to it.

With o2 I pay �10 for BIS which gives me 200mb usage.
    Last edited by Hazysky; 02-11-08 at 05:43 PM.
    02-11-08 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD