Hello together

It looks like my carrier (sunrise Switzerland) just updated to BIS 3.2. Now it looks like I could sync my contacts and calendar entries wirelessly using my Google / BIS Account too.

Right within the Browser on my iMac I have now the option to sync both. Just after that I got this message:

Attachment 73342

Translation:
    Complete the security activation on your BlackBerry � device from, if you have not already done so, to start the calendar and contact synchronization:
    1. Click on the startup screen, click the Setup icon and then "Email Accounts" or "E-Mail Settings.
    2. After opening the application, the security activation starts. If the security activation is complete, automatically starts the calendar and contact synchronization.

Unfortunately if I open up my E-Mail Settings (which opens up the WAP browser and looks pretty "old") the security activation won't start. Does anybody have an idea how I could start this security activation manually? Or can I actually update the App itself? Because on my last carrier (Swisscom Switzerland) my BIS account on the BlackBerry itself was way better to handle! It opened up an "own" app, not just a WAP Browser...

Would really love to be able to sync everything in the cloud with Google!

Thank you already in advance for news!
    10-04-10 11:45 AM
    I have excact same problem. However - Under "Help" on the BIS site I found the option to resend the service book and now my calendar options at least says wireless s�nc for the gmail accounts. But it is still not syncin yet....

Please help us
    10-05-10 04:55 AM
    Hi

This is carrier dependable.
    The Google Sync will not work because Sunrise still uses the the "old" E-Mail Setup.

You need the E-Mail setup application to activate the Sync.
    There's no way to do this with the Browser Setup.

Orange in Switerland and Wind in Italy also still use the browser.
    As far as i know, Sunrise doesn't plan to update the setup any time soon.

A friend of mine bought an unlocked AT&T 9800 wich had the Setup application on it and he was able to activate the google sync.

Hopefully this will work on the 9700 as well as soon as OS 6 is released.

Don't hold your breath.
    10-13-10 01:55 PM
    I deleted my email addy. then added it back and it worked.
    10-27-10 10:15 AM
    I have exactly the same situation with TMN Portugal. The old browser opens instead of the new app. I cannot get any help from the carrier side. Any help?
    03-01-11 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD