Hi,

As far I as know, the BIS 3.0 upgrade for the APAC (AsiaPacific) region was completed on the 10th or 12th of March.

My question is, has anyone seen the Gmail 2-way sync working yet? So that messages get marked as read on the berry when they are opened on the desktop..

I know it's supposed to be rolled out over "Spring 2010", but can we update this thread so that people know when it's done? It's working in the EU region apparently, according to comments left on this site.

I tried just now, and it's not working. I deleted my Gmail account, added it again, and pushed service books, all to no avail.

Also, India falls under APAC, right?

Please keep updating this thread with your findings. I'll try every few days myself.
    03-22-10 03:02 PM
    So here's the latest:

Two-sync IS working.. but it's really slow. A message that I open through my browser does get marked as read, but it takes a few hours. The other way is fast though BB->Gmail. That happens within a minute or so.

I remember reading that this slow sync behavior is how it was supposed to be, back in the day.. but it never worked for me before, so it's progress, I guess.

Anyone else has anything to contribute? Come on people!
    03-23-10 09:32 AM
    Another update:

2-way sync is very fast if you have another email come in. I timed it, and a message sat around on the BB marked as unread for forty-five minutes after I marked it read on the Gmail site.

Then, another email popped in, and instantly the previous email got marked as read.
    03-23-10 11:10 AM
    The same for the UK. It works from mac to BB but it can take hours
    03-23-10 01:42 PM
    hmm, I heard it was working in the Scandinavian countries. Can anyone confirm this?
    03-23-10 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD