Hello. I�m a user of BB Bold 9700 and I have one question for you. I have an opportunity to pay 6�/month with unlimited data plan without BIS or pay 12�/month with 100MB with BIS. I read somewhere that BIS can compress data in cca. 5:1-6:1 ratio. Is that true? Are 100MBs enough for web browsing, facebook app and sometimes youtube?

Thank you
    06-29-11 05:43 PM
    Without BIS your BlackBerry smartphone cannot take advantage of push email and BBM as well as other BIS-centric services; having an unlimited data plan only will allow you to use your BlackBerry like other smartphones for browsing and youtube, for example.

If your primary usage of mobile data is through youtube, 100MB of data will probably last you... A couple of days. Downloading big files and streaming data from the web isn't covered by BIS.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    06-29-11 07:54 PM
    You should be fine with that you can always check your usage from the website or hpone as well as the company should send you a message when you come close to going over.
    06-29-11 08:08 PM
    Thank you so much. But does anybody know if it is true that BIS can compress data with ratio 5-6:1? It would mean that 100MB with BIS is equal to 500-600MB with normal data plan. I use internet primary for web browsing and facebook but ONLY SOMETIMES for youtube.
    06-30-11 04:03 AM
    Thank you so much. But does anybody know if it is true that BIS can compress data with ratio 5-6:1? It would mean that 100MB with BIS is equal to 500-600MB with normal data plan. I use internet primary for web browsing and facebook but ONLY SOMETIMES for youtube.
    BIS will not compress youtube, reserve that for wifi only.
    Try to mostly browse on mobile sites and also disable javascript, it seems to ad to data usage, especially on full sites.
    If you use the facebook app set it to never check for new feeds, it checks every time you open the facebook app anyway.
    If you receive a lot of newsletter type emails disable download images automatically and automore settings.

You should be able to stay under 100mb no problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-11 04:33 AM
    For all of us who worry about our data usage [url]http://mobile.e-office.com/Products/Mobile-Data-Alerter.aspx[/url is a free monitoring app. Works just fine in my household and our limited data plans.
    06-30-11 07:10 AM
    this is true with the exception of youtube. connect to a wifi network while streaming video off the web and you should stay below 100MB no problem
    06-30-11 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD