Just saw a commercial for Bing search with integrated social aspects. It was a good ad, and looks pretty useful!

The catch phrase sounds very much like the BlackBerry People Who Do ads.

I used to not like Bing. I really don't know, I never used it! I just always liked Google because they have great services and good search and are innovative.

Is Microsoft as innovative as Google? I would actually like to see RIM partner with Microsoft more.

I have a PC that's uses Windows. I LOVE Microsoft Trips and Maps.

Any possibility of this happening with BlackBerry 10?
    06-09-12 01:54 PM
    Not a bad thought. Bing is good, sometimes it doesn't want to load on the PB though not sure what is at fault there the PB or bing.
    06-09-12 02:05 PM
    I could never get Bing Maps to load on my PlayBook. I'm going to start using Bing search to check it out more.
    06-09-12 02:07 PM
    Bing maps worked good on mine but after using the beta and going back it is taking longer and not accurate like it was before. I've been using bing for awhile now, I really don't think search engines are all that different. Mostly the same results but in different order.
    06-09-12 02:10 PM
    Nice find! I really haven't used Bing since it was "Windows Live" on my Sidekick. I'll check it out!
    06-09-12 02:10 PM
    Is Bing as invasion as Google as far as collecting our personal info?
    06-09-12 02:14 PM
    i cant stand bing as the search results as never are good as when using google. I guess that could be the advantage of google services being tied together and knowing 'you' ...BING maps doesnt cut it for me either since i have many places saved on google for easy navigation and such
    Chrisy likes this.
    06-09-12 02:16 PM
    I like the daily picture on Bing and sometimes the daily picture is a video

Bing Maps needs wifi (e.g. wifi hotspot)
    06-09-12 03:02 PM
    Not a fan of Bing.
    I just prefer Google.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Chrisy likes this.
    06-09-12 03:41 PM
    Not a fan of Bing.
    I just prefer Google.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    How come? Specifics?
    06-09-12 04:14 PM
    Bing is for doo doo ing.
    06-09-12 04:16 PM
    LOL! But why?
    06-09-12 04:18 PM
    How come? Specifics?

Google is what I'm used to.
    Bing is cool but I'm just not crazy about it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-09-12 05:23 PM
    I like the daily picture on Bing and sometimes the daily picture is a video
    Same here. I have a bing program and it loads the pic of the day on my desktop... new wallpaper every day!

I've used bing as my primary search engine for a long time - and I've had more success getting my websites into the search results quickly than with google. As far as search results go, sometimes bing gives better results and sometimes google does. On the school computers I use the default google and at home I use bing. Just because. There really isn't much difference.
    06-09-12 06:46 PM
    I like the style of Bing better than Google. But I always find myself using Google, even though I like Bing a lot.

With that said, I like the idea of a RIM/Microsoft partnership. I don't need Skype on my devices but I'd love to have a native SkyDrive client.
    06-09-12 06:58 PM
    The Bing app for BlackBerry OS7 is pretty good! Very nice UI as well.
    06-09-12 07:07 PM
    Is Bing as invasion as Google as far as collecting our personal info?
    Nothing -- and I mean NOTHING -- is for free.
    Chrisy likes this.
    06-09-12 07:26 PM
    i cant stand bing as the search results are never are good as when using google. I guess that could be the advantage of google services being tied together and knowing 'you' BING maps doesnt cut it for me either since i have many places saved on google for easy navigation and such
    This is true, but Google must have done something recently that drives my PlayBook browser bonkers. I think it resends the search page after every few characters typed, and when it does it clears out whatever I'd started typing. Extremely annoying, and they also removed their Options link that used to be on the generic search page where you once could change that setting. And I flatly refuse to create an account, because, well, it is Google (it's bad enough Facebook is plastering my email address all over the universe, I don't need Google doing it too). So it's Bing on the PlayBook.
    06-09-12 09:18 PM
    This is true, but Google must have done something recently that drives my PlayBook browser bonkers. I think it resends the search page after every few characters typed, and when it does it clears out whatever I'd started typing. Extremely annoying, and they also removed their Options link that used to be on the generic search page where you once could change that setting. And I flatly refuse to create an account, because, well, it is Google (it's bad enough Facebook is plastering my email address all over the universe, I don't need Google doing it too). So it's Bing on the PlayBook.
    Google updates the search results while you're typing - maybe it doesn't work properly on the PB.
    06-09-12 11:36 PM
    I actually like Bing. I had been using Google as my default search engine in all of my browsers in both Windows and Linux. When Google changed its privacy policy, I switched to Bing as my default search engine.

I use Bing as my default search engine in: Opera, Chrome, Firefox, and IE for Windows; and Opera, Chrome, Chromium, Firefox, and Konqueror for Linux.

I also use Bing Maps, rather than Google Maps.
    06-09-12 11:52 PM
    I like that pinch to zoom works on my PlayBook. It doesn't with Google Maps.
    06-10-12 01:03 AM
    I have been back and forth with Bing and Google. I think that Bing looks better. Google seems to be just as good in regards to the results. Lately, I have been using Bing a little more than Google for search.
    06-10-12 04:42 PM
    I've never had a problem with bing, but I feel like bing maps for the PlayBook is terrible. It isn't doesn't do a lot of what I would expect a modern maps application to do so that hurts the brand in my opinion. How are u going to be a maps application but it can't actively track my location.

First application with offline maps and actually works decently will have my money. I am truly hoping that RIM has BlackBerry Maps ready for when BB10 launches on the PlayBook
    06-11-12 12:09 AM
    Bing Maps is great on desktop PCs.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    06-11-12 01:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD