Remember all the apps you have in BlackBerry World? Yeah, they all came from some kind of software houses, companies that make softwares, and just about all big software houses refuse to acknowledge BlackBerry 10.

The most visible one would be Gameloft, releasing 4 games thus far but refuses to acknowledge they have BlackBerry 10 versions in their own website. The next would be Firemonkeys, releasing 2 games thus far but not acknowledging both in their website

Then there's Box. The very app that is integrated right into BlackBerry 10 refuses to acknowledge they have BlackBerry 10 app. You can argue they no longer need to do that considering the built-in nature of it, but this is like saying you're not your wife's husband since her Facebook page mentions you as one. Even Adobe mentions that while you can't download Flash for Chrome, the Flash support is built-in.

Unity Games has brought us a lot of games, but the actual developers of those are not Unity Games themselves. Shadowgun and Samurai II games are made by Mad Finger Games, and Mad Finger also doesn't acknowledge the BlackBerry 10 version. You'll never find any of those games in Unity's website, or Unity Games' website at that

It's like a black campaign: make apps for BlackBerry 10 so BlackBerry is "happy" but don't tell customers about it so they'll think there is no BlackBerry 10 version.

While it is true that the companies need resources to put in the page (or just a small content in the already available page, really), consider the nature of these apps:
    Box relies on people feeling that it's reliable to spend more money. Declaring it as available in as many platforms possible seems a no brainer.
    Shadowgun and Samurai II are paid apps. The more people that buy it, the more money they'll get. Declaring it as available on BlackBerry 10 sounds like a no brainer.
    Gameloft and Firemonkey apps rely on in-app purchase to make money (except Asphalt and NOVA, where they make money from selling the games). Telling people that they're available in BlackBerry 10 so potential customers who have BlackBerry 10 device but not Android or iOS is a no brainer.

I sincerely don't understand the situation. Why? Why won't they acknowledge BlackBerry 10 versions?

Z10 STL100-1/10.1.0.4633
    09-20-13 09:36 PM
    I agree it does seem several companies are doing this. Not sure if its all on purpose but does make you think
    09-20-13 09:37 PM
    Conspiracy

Member of Squircle of Trust!
    09-20-13 09:42 PM
    I have seen BlackBerry World included in some adds lately.. NFL Mobile to name one but to hear this is sad and if I'm at BlackBerry I'm choked

Posted via Z10
    09-20-13 10:29 PM
    Same with Bank of America . They have an app for legacy BlackBerry OS and yet their ads only mention android and iOS.

It guess its just not worth mentioning....

Posted via CB10
    kets4ever likes this.
    09-21-13 01:14 AM
    Oh really? It didn't take me many minutes to find Box.com mentioning that they have apps for both Blackberries and Playbooks on their site...

Big software houses are refusing to acknowledge BlackBerry 10-image.jpg
    09-21-13 01:54 AM
    I agree it does seem several companies are doing this. Not sure if its all on purpose but does make you think
    Exactly. Perhaps not on purpose, IDK, but consider Gameloft: they're one of the first devs to have "big name" games on BlackBerry 10, yet nowhere in their website will you even see the phrase "BlackBerry 10".

@CrackedBarry:

Big software houses are refusing to acknowledge BlackBerry 10-img_00000347.png
    Big software houses are refusing to acknowledge BlackBerry 10-img_00000348.png

Z10 STL100-1/10.1.0.4633
    09-21-13 02:18 AM
    I've noticed this too.

I was expecting a tweet from @RealRacing announcing it for BlackBerry 10, but I never saw one on launch day.

Considering it's a "freemium" app, where us buying stuff in the game is how they make money, you'd think they'd announce it immediately so people would get to downloading and spending money.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 02:50 AM
    Instead of blaming the developers, don't you think Blackberry have don't market for their products + the app? I think it will be more effective to 'force' the developers to put 'BlackBerry 10' labels on their website.
    09-21-13 03:07 AM
    Instead of blaming the developers, don't you think Blackberry have don't market for their products + the app? I think it will be more effective to 'force' the developers to put 'BlackBerry 10' labels on their website.
    I don't know, consider that lots of apps are freemium, they'd want to get as many people as possible, because out of those, only a select few will actually pay. There are far too many apps for BlackBerry alone to promote, the devs also have to be proactive to display their BlackBerry 10 versions to improve awareness, lest all those development money go poof

Z10 STL100-1/10.1.0.4633
    09-21-13 04:42 AM
    I don't know if it's refusal, more like embarrassed to associate themselves with a failing brand.

They probably made the apps/games to keep BlackBerry happy, may be they were paid for development, beyond that, that's where the ties part.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 04:51 AM
    Good point OP. I have not gone to their websites, but this seems bad.
    09-21-13 05:03 AM
    It isn't normal to expect that your specific group be mentioned on splash pages when your group probably represents about 1/2 percent, and the mentioned groups represent closer to 50 percent.
    09-21-13 05:20 AM
    i highly doubt theyd have made the apps avaliable in the first place if they were trying to make people ignore all existance of blackberry 10, i think its more a case of not having bothered to update their websites yet or they arent sure whether to bother or not yet because they want to see if blackberry survives (everyones heard theyre up for sale now and have been doing badly with sales) before making more work for themselves then having to take it down off their websites again

most app sites and tv adverts (in the uk anyway) only bother to mention the big two - Apple & Android as thats what most people have

that being said here are lots of mentions of BB10 from these devs:
    Unity - Multiplatform - Publish your game to over 10 platforms madfinger - each platform inc bb10 is listed at the side
    https://app.box.com/services/browse/...for_blackberry box
    Gameloft - Corporate Site gameloft press release for bb10 games
    09-21-13 05:28 AM