ok, heres the deal. I ordered a BB curve FROM SPRINT not knowing that there small print says "requires data plan for all active BB"

I have a internship comming up, I can afford the 30/month data plan, but my dad pays the sprint bill.

Is there a way I can like buy a BB data plan without going through sprint and pay with my own credit card?

and another question, even if it says u need a BB plan,can I still use it for sprint?

Im thinking about just not activating the phone and returning it becuase i had no clue you needed a BB plan, kind of ashame
    05-27-08 01:35 AM
    If you're dad pays the bill, why can't you just tell him you need to add a BB plan for data usage. If he's tight w the $ you could tell him it will be way cheaper this way b/c you won't be paying per minute/text OR tell him you'll pay the $30/ month.

Second, yes it works on sprint with the BB plan. The BB plan is just for data usage (checking email, browsing internet, etc), has nothing to do with voice calls.

Oh, and you can't just pay for the BB plan separately, everything is connected to your account and bill.

Hope that helps! Let us know how it turns out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-08 07:03 AM
    -----

amit84, I don't know whether my answer will help you out or not, which is just to give your Dad $30 a month to cover the bill. But more importantly, you are to be commended for your desire to be financially independent of your parents. You're well on your way to manhood and ought to be proud of yourself for that. I say this for good reason, as I've seen the other side. Kuddos to you, young man!

-----
    05-27-08 08:39 AM
    Lol, awesome!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-08 08:58 AM
    Yes, give Dad $30.00 to cover your monthly bill.
    05-27-08 09:17 AM
    a berry w/o a data plan is a sad berry

No but really, think about how much money you waste in a month, whether it be on food or whatever. If you really want the BB then just allocate 30 bucks to that instead. Or maybe you can get your father to pay 15 and you pay 15 with the stipulation that you keep up your grades.

Either ways you should be able to return the curve in store, and choose another phone of your liking. I would bring it up to your father first and see what he says
    05-27-08 09:40 AM

No but really, think about how much money you waste in a month, whether it be on food or whatever. If you really want the BB then just allocate 30 bucks to that instead.
    Very true!

amit...you should just write your dad a check for $30 every month! Couldnt be simpler than that.
    05-27-08 10:03 AM
    yes indeed!
    05-27-08 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD