Has anyone noticed this report from bgr on Verizon wifi?

Focus on bulletpoint #1:

Verizon’s upcoming BlackBerry releases: Tour, Pearl Flip, Atlas Storm 2 info : Boy Genius Report

What do u all thinK??? DId we win with all out letters to VZW? Should we hold back on the Tour in light of this?
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 05-16-09 at 12:29 AM.
    05-15-09 11:21 PM
    05-15-09 11:29 PM
    If a BB has 3G you don't need WIFI, if a BB doesn't have 3G then you need WIFI. The Tour has 3G therefore WIFI becomes redundant especially since VZW doesn't have UMA.
    05-15-09 11:29 PM
    I just realized that fact now

And here I was so excited to bring new news late on a friday night
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 05-15-09 at 11:34 PM.
    05-15-09 11:30 PM
    If a BB has 3G you don't need WIFI, if a BB doesn't have 3G then you need WIFI. The Tour has 3G therefore WIFI becomes redundant especially since VZW doesn't have UMA.
    u obviously have limited knowledge and havent read these forums enough! Nothing infuriates me more than the point you just made!
    05-15-09 11:32 PM
    Ask any iPhone owner that also owns a SlingBox if they are glad their phone have WiFi or not...
    Gizmodo - Network Use Not the Only Reason For AT&T to Hate 3G iPhone SlingPlayer - Slingplayer iphone
    05-16-09 12:24 AM
    u obviously have limited knowledge and havent read these forums enough! Nothing infuriates me more than the point you just made!
    Why do you need WIFI since you have 3G? Hmmm.... oh thats right, you dont!
    05-16-09 12:25 AM
    LOL... anyone in the "know" wanna answer that one for him? I've posted way too many times the uses for wifi to care to do it again! I LOL'd but thats my way of not flaming first!

See... I'm behaving
    05-16-09 12:28 AM
    LOL... anyone in the "know" wanna answer that one for him? I've posted way too many times the uses for wifi to care to do it again! I LOL'd but thats my way of not flaming first!

See... I'm behaving
    LMAO! Even my little gold fish knows why it's important to have wifi on a 3g phone!
    05-16-09 12:31 AM
    here I'll be nice and post just ONE reason:

PrimeTime2Go

And if u still need me to lead u to water, then I direct u to the last paragraph on that website
    05-16-09 12:33 AM
    what the heck, lets go ith the SECOND reason!:

The Wi-Fi skies: Airlines embrace broadband - Business travel- msnbc.com

Looking for a Wi-Fi hot spot? Try 10,000 feet up - CNN.com

And trust me, there's quite a few more reasons....

But I started this thread because of recent developements, not general tak about wifi
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 05-16-09 at 12:43 AM.
    05-16-09 12:39 AM
    cuz we all want wifi that is enough
    if we didnt want wifi we wouldnt be complaining
    05-16-09 12:45 AM
    what the heck, lets go ith the SECOND reason!:

The Wi-Fi skies: Airlines embrace broadband - Business travel- msnbc.com

Looking for a Wi-Fi hot spot? Try 10,000 feet up - CNN.com

And trust me, there's quite a few more reasons....

But I started this thread because of recent developements, not general tak about wifi
    Never hurts to have an extra feature, as I would embrace WIFI!!! I work in a building that gets poor reception due to thick concrete walls and where I'm located in my building during work. But theres a solid WIFI connection waiting to be tapped!

NO MORE EXCUSES VZW, WIFI OR BUST!!!
    05-16-09 12:55 AM
    shall I post a link to the 3rd and 4th reason for wifi? I haven't even gotten to the "OVERSEAS" reason for it yet!

I guess my new goal is to reduce or stop those ignorant rantings about not needing wifi because 3g is so superior, blah blah blah!

They need a litte dose of reality in those VZW forums below!
    05-16-09 01:08 AM
    shall I post a link to the 3rd and 4th reason for wifi? I haven't even gotten to the "OVERSEAS" reason for it yet!

I guess my new goal is to reduce or stop those ignorant rantings about not needing wifi because 3g is so superior, blah blah blah!

They need a litte dose of reality in those VZW forums below!
    No BB is perfect! And if you're on business travel you will most likely have a laptop with you and bam then you can use WIFI on a plane. VZW doesn't support UMA so you couldn't use the internet connection to make calls or send SMS messages or emails.
    05-16-09 01:12 AM
    No BB is perfect! And if you're on business travel you will most likely have a laptop with you and bam then you can use WIFI on a plane. VZW doesn't support UMA so you couldn't use the internet connection to make calls or send SMS messages or emails.
    RIGHT! So what would be your next guess for uses of wifi on an airplane with a verizon blackberry?

Ah u know what, yea, wif is rediculous! We need to "GET OVER IT" and carry our laptops if we want wifi, carry our Garmin GPS units in our car or buy a puck if we want navigation! Might as well lock out the MP3 functions, tell us to GET OVER IT and get an separate MP3 player and stop crying! Its this... "entitlement" mentality!

Last edited by RicanMedic78; 05-16-09 at 01:23 AM.
    05-16-09 01:18 AM
    RIGHT! So what would be your next guess for uses of wifi on an airplane with a verizon blackberry?

Ah u know what, yea, wif is rediculous! We need to "GET OVER IT" and carry our laptops if we want wifi, carry our Garmin GPS units in our car or buy a puck if we want navigation! Might as well lock out the MP3 functions, tell us to GET OVER IT and get an separate MP3 player and stop crying! Its this... "entitlement" mentality!

All of us over at T-Mobile don't have a 3G Blackberry yet but we've learned to live with it. Not having WIFI isn't like not having GPS, or MP3, you still have a solid, high speed internet connection via EVDO. I can see why some people want WIFI now, but you can't have everything in a BB yet. Its definitely not a reason to not buy a great device like the Tour just like the lack of 3G wasn't a good enough reason for 8900 owners to not buy a otherwise stellar device like the 8900.
    Last edited by m11stephen; 05-16-09 at 01:34 AM.
    05-16-09 01:30 AM
    I can see why some people want WIFI now
    wow, I couldn't of spelled it more clearly in every post "AND LINK" I added on page 1! Stubbornness is definitly not a vurtue!
    05-16-09 01:39 AM
    Little bit of heat in here huh? lol
    05-16-09 01:46 AM
    nah, its all good! I have much love for my stubborn cb friends!

but every now and then a little heat is good no? lol! Maybe its my puerto rican coming out of me
    05-16-09 01:50 AM
    3G does me no good in my town at this point since I do not have it. Your point is really BS
    05-16-09 03:30 AM
    3G does me no good in my town at this point since I do not have it. Your point is really BS
    Wow, where do you live? VZW has 3G almost everywhere!
    05-16-09 02:48 PM
    hense your very own words ... "almost!"
    05-17-09 12:03 AM
    It's different for everyone. Just like AT&T. Some people have great coverage in some areas and some have horrible coverage in some areas. Just depends on where you are.
    05-17-09 12:10 AM
    travel is the #1 reason despite aiding 3g coverage in the US!

People can argue for how good 3g coverage is even though its a losing argument with relation to wifi! However, no one can argue its traveling benefits! Which is why you've never even heard of an argument!

In my view, thats truly what wifi on a world phone was intended for anyway
    05-17-09 09:40 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD