Now I am not exactly sure of the phone platform this is on, but it could be a BB. I posted this in the off-topic section and I am not sure who actually saw it. So sorry for the double post (mods you can delete the other thread), but here is the email I received from a trusted beta testing source (legit stuff, not leaked like the BB OS beta's those of us here have been finding!). Oh yeah, yes, this is legit and allowed to be passed around (read the email!).

Email:

We are pleased to provide you with an exciting new beta test offering for our community members that live and/or work in the New York City metropolitan area. The product is a portable web browser designed to be easy to use and to provide a very robust browsing experience. The device will come with an activated account, so you will not need to use your account with it or switch from your current phone to participate.

You will need to have a mobile phone with active service to participate. Please feel free to share this beta test opportunity with friends, family or coworkers in the NYC metro area that you think may be interested in participating.

Thank you,

The Centercode Beta Test Team

--

Please click the following link to apply for this test:

https://www.onlinebeta.com/r/?74F86D...D17405AEE2B162
    07-03-08 08:03 AM
    yeah, I saw something about that...got to have BT though...I hate earpeices..lol
    07-03-08 08:11 AM
    Okay, I am going to bump this again since they are still looking for people! NYC people sign up for this!!!! Here is the note and the link:

email:

We hope this mail does not inconvenience you as we are sending it to our whole community. Centercode has a large beta test which we need several hundred participants in the New York City Metro area. If you know of anyone who might be interested in participating in a very cool beta test, we want them.

This exciting new hardware product will provide portable Internet functionality. Surf the web, read the news, check your stocks or watch videos on YouTube while you walk the streets of NYC. We have hundreds of open spots!

Please pass the following link to anyone you know who lives or works in New York and might want to test an exciting new piece of technology!

Thank you,

Michael Fine
    Director of Client Services
    Centercode, Inc.

--

Please click the following link to apply for this test:

https://www.onlinebeta.com/r/?43EF1A...21F6C246D4CECF
    07-08-08 11:28 AM
    why do u need a bluetooth set to browse the internet? O.o
    07-08-08 11:30 AM
    I honestly don't know since I am not able to take part in the beta test. If you are remotely close you should apply. They are pretty good and if you start testing something and want to get our or whatever you can just let them know and send the stuff back. Sounds like an interesting test, wish I lived closer to NYC!
    07-08-08 11:42 AM
    Ok...I registered for the site. The link you provide led me to an error page. I'll let you know what happens, if anything. Thanks for the heads up!
    07-09-08 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD