I will be upgrading my Bold 9700 2g card with a 16g. I have done a search but only found a thread on doing this without the use of the Desktop Manager. My question is, would the Desktop Manager be the best way to transfer my data between cards? If so, is it as simple as doing a backup, swap cards and then doing a restore?
    12-06-10 11:00 AM
    Im not sure. I recently went from an 8 to 16 and just transfered stuff over. I put the new card in and went to the media card option on the phone and clicked "format". after that I plugged my phone in(16gb card in it) and put the 8gb card in the memory card reader. Then i just selected everything and moved it over
    12-06-10 11:07 AM
    I formatted my new card in my BB. Put the old card into a card reader and plugged it in to my PC, and used windows explorer to drag and drop the files to my harddrive. Swapped cards in the reader and dragged and dropped the files onto the new card.
    12-06-10 11:10 AM
    Do you have a PC or a Mac?

I don't know how to copy things on Mac. On Windows, make sure you have mass storage mode enabled. Copy the old card contents to a folder on the PC. Switch out cards on your BB. Let your BB format the card. Copy files from the folder on the hard drive onto the new card in the BB.

Pretty straight forward. DM won't mess with copying or transferring the card, at least the version I was using a couple of months ago and anything previous...
    12-06-10 11:12 AM
    DM will only see "media" files - music and image files. You need to directly access the card in Windows explorer to drag-and-drop your other files like you would any other removable drive or thumbdrive. Assuming you've set up your card that way, and you're using Windows.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-10 11:22 AM
    Easiest way for me is to copy the entire contents of card "A" to computer. Remove
    card "A" from phone and insert card "B". Copy files from computer to card "B". If
    all copied over fine, format card "A". Done.
    12-06-10 11:31 AM
    I'm with the rest of the guys, mass storage mode, and using the PC as the intermediary is the best way to transfer the info between the cards.
    12-06-10 11:51 AM
    Easiest way for me is to copy the entire contents of card "A" to computer. Remove
    card "A" from phone and insert card "B". Copy files from computer to card "B". If
    all copied over fine, format card "A". Done.
    To the OP: AG's method is the same one I use with Windows and Linux, no issues or oddities encountered. Not sure about Mac users' methods.
    12-06-10 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD