I'm considering the mercury. Are there any free or paid apps that will give be bb10 productivity?

I already know about the hub app, so no need to mention that.
    YesAndNo likes this.
    01-22-17 03:44 PM
    What is bb10 productivity?
    Ronindan likes this.
    01-22-17 04:06 PM
    It is a myth that only reside in crackberry ;-)
    01-22-17 07:17 PM
    Its never missing any messages, ever, as they all feed into the hub with custom color LED notifications, even in meeting mode. To me, this is something I really like and need. How can you be productive without instant and reliable communication?

BB, Still the One
    01-22-17 09:16 PM
    There isn't trust me. I have the newest moto Droid z with nougat 7

Posted via CB10
    01-22-17 09:56 PM
    I love how you ask a serious question. And all you get is snide useless comments.

I am with you. And I fell your pain.

I don't like android. I find it counter productive. And am dreading the day I have to switch to it. But I to wish there was a way to easy us into android. But there is no app for that. You just have to make the choice and love with it. I guess BlackBerry has done a few things. Like making the app drawer that look like active tiles. The hub. And the BlackBerry suite of apps.

And people say. Well you get used to it. Like you get used to a squeaky board in your house.

this is my problem. I don't want to get used to something I dislike. I don't like the app drawer to start with. I hate the fact that when I close a app it's still eating cache and memory. Till my phone slows down or crashes, eats my battery up. Close the apps. You say. Why hide them on another page. I say Have to jump between apps? Forget it don't even bother it's so frustrating.

So. To my knowledge there is no easy transition to Android. But that's just my opinion. Their are lots that say they switched and never look Back. You could be one of those. Or you could be a die hard like me the will give up my bb10 when they pry it from my cold dead hands.

#luvmybb10os
    TCB on Z10 and berrydroid like this.
    01-22-17 10:15 PM
    this is my problem. I don't want to get used to something I dislike. I don't like the app drawer to start with. I hate the fact that when I close a app it's still eating cache and memory. Till my phone slows down or crashes, eats my battery up. Close the apps.
    Part of your problem is that you are treating Android like, say, a desktop OS, where you WANT apps to be shut down. On a mobile device that's always got (at least standby) power, it's actually very much to your advantage to have apps loaded in memory and "suspended" vs. completely closed and having to reopen them - because reloading them from NAND is both much slower and uses more power than simply leaving it in RAM and unsuspending it. And that's exactly how Android is designed to work.

Modern Android is not Gingerbread - CPU and memory management is excellent, and manually closing apps is working against the design, and is "un-optimizing" things.

I reboot my Android phone about every 6 months or so, and almost never manually close apps. Even then, I get great battery life (and I saw a big leap with Marshmallow) and crashes are very, very rare.

Obviously, your experience with a different device may vary (mine is an LG G4), but honestly it's clear that you are working against the design rather than letting Android manage the OS and apps itself - and that's going to give you a worse experience.
    anon(8080272) and Tim-ANC like this.
    01-23-17 01:33 AM
    Its never missing any messages, ever, as they all feed into the hub with custom color LED notifications, even in meeting mode. To me, this is something I really like and need. How can you be productive without instant and reliable communication?

BB, Still the One
    Possible on android as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Best way to mimic bb10 on droid to ease transition?-170123-115244.jpg  
    01-23-17 04:50 AM
    I think you're looking at the mercury in the wrong light. Don't think of it as BB10 with fully compatible Google Play store; you should think of it as Android with some added BB goodies.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    01-23-17 05:12 AM
    I think you're looking at the mercury in the wrong light. Don't think of it as BB10 with fully compatible Google Play store; you should think of it as Android with some added BB goodies.
    I'd essentially agree with that ....

I've had my priv since the first week of january, coming from a classic. I love the form factor and there is a lot of bb built in, lots of goodies that you keep discovering, as i did with bbos and bb10.

The hub operates like with bb10 in the sense of coherency, notifications and customisation.

The immediate apps you'll need to look for are: file mgr, music player, calculator etc ....
    01-23-17 06:05 AM
    Possible on android as well.
    Is this an app or Android N feature?
    01-23-17 06:16 AM
    With as costumizable as android is BlackBerry should be able have their android phones use the os10 swipe gestures.

Posted via CB10
    silversmith75 likes this.
    01-23-17 06:18 AM
    Is this an app or Android N feature?
    No. Thats light manager from play store, you can also use light flow.
    01-23-17 06:22 AM
    I love how you ask a serious question. And all you get is snide useless comments.

#luvmybb10os
    Annoying...but happens often.

CB10 on my Classic
    01-23-17 12:20 PM
    I'm considering the mercury. Are there any free or paid apps that will give be bb10 productivity?

I started this thread re the Zenui apps I use:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-asus-1097483/
    01-23-17 04:51 PM
    Part of your problem is that you are treating Android like, say, a desktop OS, where you WANT apps to be shut down. On a mobile device that's always got (at least standby) power, it's actually very much to your advantage to have apps loaded in memory and "suspended" vs. completely closed and having to reopen them - because reloading them from NAND is both much slower and uses more power than simply leaving it in RAM and unsuspending it. And that's exactly how Android is designed to work.

Modern Android is not Gingerbread - CPU and memory management is excellent, and manually closing apps is working against the design, and is "un-optimizing" things.

I reboot my Android phone about every 6 months or so, and almost never manually close apps. Even then, I get great battery life (and I saw a big leap with Marshmallow) and crashes are very, very rare.

Obviously, your experience with a different device may vary (mine is an LG G4), but honestly it's clear that you are working against the design rather than letting Android manage the OS and apps itself - and that's going to give you a worse experience.
    But don't you find that apps act buggy being open so long?

#luvmybb10os
    01-23-17 09:24 PM
    No, why would they.
    01-24-17 08:13 AM

First you need a good file manager, I recommend Solid explorer for this. Next, you'll want to manage your pics so Piktures is a good app if you don't get on with the Google one. If you really need gestures, you'll want to download and configure Nova launcher Prime. To replace Clipman on BlackBerry 10, try Clipstack and also pushbullet helps with cross device shenanigans. Printhand for mobile printing and also Google cloudprint. With the mercs pkb, you'll have all the shortcuts you could dream of and all the BlackBerry apps will be there for you to use, they work pretty much the same. MS office apps like Excel are in the play store instead of Docs to go (although that's there too) Office Lens is a killer app for turning pics into PDF's.

Posted via CB10
    anon(3641385) and ominaxe like this.
    01-24-17 08:33 AM
    Hugely helpful response, guygardner. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    01-24-17 01:39 PM
    Right!

What is up with that?

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.3.2049
    01-24-17 02:01 PM
    Hugely helpful response, guygardner. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    No problem , if you have any specific questions, I'll help if I can.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-17 12:38 AM

BB, Still the One
    BlackBerry Android has BlackBerry Hub which offers user-selectable colours for each account integrated with the BlackBerry Hub.
    01-25-17 01:53 AM
    this is my problem. I don't want to get used to something I dislike. I don't like the app drawer to start with. I hate the fact that when I close a app it's still eating cache and memory. Till my phone slows down or crashes, eats my battery up. Close the apps. You say. Why hide them on another page. I say Have to jump between apps? Forget it don't even bother it's so frustrating.
    You can remove the app drawer with launchers like Nova. Long press on the App Drawer icon from the desktop, and press remove. By default, Play Store creates the app shortcuts on the desktop when the app is installed. This would basically leave you with multiple screens of icons, as seen on iOS. Apps can also be sorted into folders.

Some apps do run in the background after you remove them from the recent list. This is no different then BB10's "Headless Apps". Have you ever checked what's running though? It's things like phone, Textra (or what ever SMS client you use), Google Play Services, etc. In other words, things you installed, which you want notifications (or other functionality from) in the background.
    01-25-17 11:06 AM
    Some people like being able to turn off as many apps as possible, ESPECIALLY ones that report GPS and other user/phone activity, or that offer notifications the user doesn't want or need in real time, like app updates.

Could someone clarify whether it is possible to turn off Google Play Services so long as the user doesn't care about the impact on some apps?

For example, I keep the Amazon headless apps (Music, Appstore, and Amazon) turned off on BB10 unless I have a specific need for them. It's not just about saving battery life or CPU cycles. I don't want Amazon collecting location and other data from my phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-17 03:09 PM
    It is a myth that only reside in crackberry ;-)
    The myth is alive and flickin'... ;-P

•   Happy Australia Day everyone.... :-D   •
    01-25-17 04:35 PM
28 12