When you make a new list of tasks in Remember you'll have a check box by each item. So in my grocery list for example I have a list of about 200 items. I keep that list and NEVER delete any item. Before I go shopping, I have a nice "inventory" of items which I scroll through, and Uncheck the items I need. This makes those unchecked items go to the top of the list (the ones which are checked remain below). As I shop I have my Z10 in the buggy and simply checkoff each item I came to get. The checked items fall nicely out of view and remain there until next time.

It's really nice because before I go shopping each time I can do a quick inventory of things using the "master" list if you will.. And if an item I need is not yet in my inventory I simply add it.

Remember is one of my top BlackBerry apps. It's a gem.

Thanks everyone, Alajack how do you set your grocery list to do that? That would be very handy for many things I'd think.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 09:57 AM
    I use Remember for everything. I have all of my employees names and throughout the year if I see good points I add it to their name. Same goes for areas for development. This is important for end of year assessments.

Any projects I have on the go I use remember for it. When in a website I'll share the webpage to Remember for future reference.

The ability to add pictures and audio to a given file is amazing.

The key to Remember is to play around with it and let your imagination. Identify your problem and see how Remember will be able to solve your problems.

Posted using my amazing Passport
    Dmitry Kisselyov likes this.
    02-28-15 10:35 AM
    I use Remember for everything. I have all of my employees names and throughout the year if I see good points I add it to their name. Same goes for areas for development. This is important for end of year assessments.
    You are a good man.
    billsterjito likes this.
    02-28-15 11:15 AM
    Remember is awesome. It's like Hub for tasks. I have multiple folders synced to tasks on two exchange servers (different companies) and a dozen Evernote notebooks. If you're a GTD person, it's awesome.

Posted via CB10
    niss63 likes this.
    02-28-15 08:18 PM
    Did they fix how forgetful BlackBerry Remember is/was?

The last time I used that app was after I lost well over a thousand words worth of work on a report. Silly me! I opened one too many apps on my Z10 and Remember auto closed by itself because of BlackBerry 10's horrible 8 apps open at once limit. Since Remember doesn't auto save anything, all of my work for that day simply vanished. After that. I switched to Google Keep, which does auto save, and also auto syncs to my PC.

I don't remember if Notepad on the legacy devices auto-saved your work or not, but I do know that I never lost hours worth of work while using Notepad. But then again, the legacy OS could have more than 8 things running at time. So you didn't need to worry about the apps you are using closing on their own.

I haven't even tried Remember since that whole event occured, so maybe they've fixed it to where it wont auto close, or made it capable of auto saving your work. But if they haven't done either of those things yet, I'd advise everyone to be very careful while using it.
    02-28-15 08:59 PM
    In 10.3, you can move the active frame as you wish.
    And if you're doing something important and you don't want it to auto close due to the 8 max active frame, move the Remember app to the first active frame.
    And with Remember app, using Evernote folder in Remember app allows you to sync the notes to the Evernote clouds. Therefore you will be able to read anywhere and on any platform as long as you logged in at the Evernote website or app.

I just use Remember linked with Evernote for notes and informations that I don't want to lose.

Posted via my SEXY RED PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    TX3 likes this.
    03-01-15 02:57 AM
    Well, I use it mainly for shopping lists and for remembering my bills. I just share the bill notifications from mails / texts messages to Remember, and it's done.

Posted via CB10 from my exquisite Passport on TMO Romania
    last_attempt likes this.
    03-01-15 03:04 AM
    I'm addition to grocery shopping lists , I use remember for other inventory holders. For example, I camp a lot. So I have a master camping list which I pop open and check that I have each item I need for the trip.

Also use it for anything from brainstorming ideas for my business to capturing notes I see online with the link attached.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 10:00 AM
    I use Remember daily ... mostly as a repository of the share functionality of OS10. I have made many folders in the Remember app such as nutrition, politics, relationships, BlackBerry, Apple, Android, etc. Then when I find something on the internet, Twitter, Facebook, etc that I want to keep, I "share" it to the respective Remember folder. All of my folders are synced with Evernote also. This works great and most anything can be "shared" on BB10. Also great for keeping all those food recipes everyone keeps posting on Facebook ... I just share to my recipes folder.

I also am a business owner in a technical field and use Remember to access a few of the technical manuals I have downloaded into PDF and stored on Remember and Evernote. Also store a lot of customer notes and pictures of screenshots of network configurations and other stuff for reference.

Remember is just a great app that is baked into the OS and has so many uses.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 04:26 PM
    Remember suffers from horrible UI just like 99% of BB World note apps.
    03-02-15 04:40 AM
    I have been using Swiftnotes as a notepad for bb10 for a while. It is pretty good. If you are familiar with the stickies interface from a desktop computer you will have a seamless transition to it.

For some reason I find the UN for Remember not helpful for notes and use it as a to do list.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 04:46 AM
    i love BlackBerry Remember. It's the big reason i love BlackBerry 10, i save my notes ' create task and most importantly save articles from website for reading. It's really a productive app.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 05:43 AM
    This thread should be moved to the Blackberry Native Apps forum.
    03-02-15 06:36 AM
    This thread should be moved to the Blackberry Native Apps forum.
    Yes, it definitely should be placed somewhere for people's quick reference. It's loaded with good information thanks to all the contributors.

It would be nice if they made a sticky section for all the apps that come built into BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 06:54 AM
    Agree.

Remember app is one of the most undiscovered gem in BB10.
    If you find out how to use it, you'd be amazed how productivity this app is.
    This thread here is full of ideas and tips on how to maximise the use of Remember App.

Mods, let's have this thread stickie'd. So, that we'll have less people complaining and more people discover how and why they should use this.

03-02-15 07:01 AM
    save articles from website for reading.

Posted via CB10
    When I share to Remember all I get is a stupid link within a new note, no better than a bookmark imo.
    03-02-15 07:19 AM
    When I share to Remember all I get is a stupid link within a new note, no better than a bookmark imo.
    You're doing it wrong.

Copy the whole website and paste it into the note area in the remember app.

As such.

Best use of BlackBerry Remember-img_20150302_212856.png

Edit: and all the links in the website works as it should.

03-02-15 07:35 AM
    This thread really has good stuff. Didn't realise I could save a website like that.
    Thanks.

Edit: this copy and paste doesn't seem to work for all sites. It wouldn't work for this for some reason;
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203787
    So thought I was not doing it correctly, but worked for another site I tested.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Fastmarc; 03-02-15 at 12:06 PM.
    aventurine likes this.
    03-02-15 08:25 AM
    This thread really has good stuff. Didn't realise I could save a website like that.
    Thanks.

Edit: this copy and paste doesn't seem to work for all sites. It wouldn't work for this for some reason;
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203787
    So thought I was not doing it correctly, but worked for another site I tested.

Posted via CB10
    Yup.. amazing. I thought a note saving app should be a note saving app.
    But this Remember App is more than just saving notes. It really help us to remember. Literally.

03-02-15 06:34 PM
    I'm also an avid Remember user. It's essential to my day-to-day. My tasks tab is full of "to do" items with deadlines and reminders whereas my notes tab is full of reference items which I may suddenly need on the fly. Now if only they incorporate Remember into Blend!
    03-02-15 10:20 PM
    I'd use it a lot more if all the folders in Remember could be synced with some cloud service. A single Evernote folder is just not enough. One more reason for BlackBerry to create its own cloud storage service, and I will drop One Drive at once. That, plus a personal BES for email and secure data.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    dualpassport likes this.
    03-03-15 12:12 AM
    I'd use it a lot more if all the folders in Remember could be synced with some cloud service. A single Evernote folder is just not enough. One more reason for BlackBerry to create its own cloud storage service, and I will drop One Drive at once. That, plus a personal BES for email and secure data.

You mean like this many Evernote folders?

Best use of BlackBerry Remember-img_20150303_142108.png

Or you mean synced with many more cloud service?
    Which to me is redundant. Evernote does what it does best.
    For other cloud matters, I have Box, Dropbox and OneDrive in my File Manager.

And yes, if BlackBerry create it's own cloud storage with matching filesize that I'm using, I'm gladly will drop some cloud services I'm using.

ALToronto likes this.
    03-03-15 12:25 AM
    I synch to Evernote and to multiple Exchange servers. Most cloud services don't have their own data forms that would alow for integration with Remember notes.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 05:49 AM
    I use "Remember" for tasks and "Noted" as my primary notes app, mainly due to Noted's nice UI and backup/restore capabilities. I don't know if there is a good and easy way to backup and restore the "Remember" app content without using PC, Link, or any other device (other than the phone itself). I have tried to use "Backup Pro", but doesn't seem to work on "Remember" (It says it worked, but the backup file is empty, 0 KB). Does anybody know any other way to backup/restore Remember to/from a file?
    03-03-15 05:49 AM
    You mean like this many Evernote folders?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150303_142108.png 
Views:	1187 
Size:	138.1 KB 
ID:	338265

Or you mean synced with many more cloud service?
    Which to me is redundant. Evernote does what it does best.
    For other cloud matters, I have Box, Dropbox and OneDrive in my File Manager.

And yes, if BlackBerry create it's own cloud storage with matching filesize that I'm using, I'm gladly will drop some cloud services I'm using.

Wow, is my info ever out of date! Do you set up the folders in Evernote first, or do you set them up in Remember?

03-03-15 07:09 AM
104 1234 ...