Hello All,

Hope I'm posting in the right place. I have used BB for a couple of years as a casual user, synching my Outlook Calendar and contacts and using BIS through AT&T Wireless. In other words, FAR from a power user.

In June, I opened a residential property management business and we have been blessed with considerable growth. It's a small office and everyone wears multiple hats, (property management, aquisitions, clerical), so we decided to implement BES 5.0 as part of our network infrastructure.

Access to corporate email is great, but the remote calendaring, (if that is the correct term), is fantastic. Another property manager and I can be in the field and my wife can look at both our calendars and push a property showing down to whoever is best positioned to make the appointment. I call it her remote control...

Anyhow, can I get your recommendations for your favorite, most up to date, reference book so I can read about all, (most?) of the stuff BES 5.0/BB is capable of? I am sure that there are methods, processes and procedures that sophisticated users use every day that I could implement in my own small business if I knew about them.

I'm sure I will fool around with music/video features as well, but my focus is implementing as many time saving/force multiplying business apps that I can so I can maximize the capacity of every existing employee before hiring more bodies.

Forums are a great resource, but time is a precious commodity between business, scouts, church and youth sports. Sifting through the all good info in a forum to find information applicable to what I do is a real challenge right now. Any recommendations/insights you can offer would be greatly appreciated. If I could have a big thick, up to date, book of tips and tricks for BES, I could make notes in the margins at night and focus on revenue producing activities during the day.

Thanks to all, and a belated Merry Christmas. Take care.
    Last edited by Guthdog; 12-26-09 at 06:04 PM.
    12-26-09 05:57 PM
    Any help? Posted in the wrong forum?
    12-28-09 01:52 AM
    BB for dummies - 3rd edition can be the starting point.
    12-28-09 08:18 AM
    Thanks bluz.

Checked it out on Amazon. Does it focus substantially on the BES side as well?

I made an assumption, (rightly or wrongly), that the majority of BB users out there use BB as a standalone device instead of with BES so the focus would be on device tips & tricks vs. BES server tips and tricks.
    12-28-09 12:23 PM
    it gives an overview everything related to the BB but it doesn't focus substantially on any single topic.
    you can also check out the "Professional Blackberry - Craig Johnston".
    12-28-09 11:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD