I'm looking for an opinion: is it worth it to update the Handheld software, in an enterprise environment, whenever a new version comes out? Thanks for your feedback.
    11-05-07 09:57 AM
    If it aint broke don't fix it! Why play Russian roulette?
    11-05-07 10:06 AM
    I recommend reading the release notes and conversation around the boards about the updated OS to determine if there is anything in the release that you need. If your BB is working well, no issues, and there is nothing the update does for you, then No.
    11-05-07 10:07 AM
    In an enterprise environment I would stick with what works. If you do want to upgrade, test the heck out of it. Especially with the older handhelds. Nothing more frustrating than a new OS relase tht brings your old BB to a grinding halt.
    11-05-07 01:00 PM
    I'm the test monkey more or less for my company when a new OS comes out. I install it on my BB after it's been out a month or 2 so I can make sure they don't pull it because of bugs they didn't see and I want to see feedback from others. When 4.3 comes out, I might deviate from that and install it within a week as long as the new SP is available for BES so I can take full advantage of the new features on both the BES and the Handheld. Then I'll slowly start talking to the people in the office about upgrading their BB's.
    11-05-07 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD