i have a PB since they were introduced and a BB8530 with Virgin Mobile. No contract, just month to month. When BB10 becomes available I want to purchase a new BB phone. I dont believe I will be able to use it with Virgin Mobile, as they only have their service available on a very limited number of phones. I plan to buy the phone out right and will be looking for a good, no contract, plan to use with it. Does anyone have any suggestions. I am in the USA. Thanks
    11-24-12 03:57 PM
    I have heard that the BB10's are going to need a data package,so I don't think it be to easy to find one without a contract.
    11-24-12 07:09 PM
    Just buy the device at full price, probably 599 or something. Put in your SIM cars and it will work.
    11-24-12 10:05 PM
    There is a difference between "prepaid" vs "month to month".

You can buy a BB10 device outright (probably 600 dollars or so) from a carrier like AT&T. By doing so you dont have to sign a 2yr contract and will pay "month to month" as long as you want with no commitment.

The 2yr contract is only required if you buy the phone at the cheaper subsidized price (usually 200-300).
    11-24-12 11:34 PM
    There is a difference between "prepaid" vs "month to month".

You can buy a BB10 device outright (probably 600 dollars or so) from a carrier like AT&T. By doing so you dont have to sign a 2yr contract and will pay "month to month" as long as you want with no commitment.

The 2yr contract is only required if you buy the phone at the cheaper subsidized price (usually 200-300).
    Yes I know. I am familiar with the difference. i have not had a contract phone for over 5 years and will not again if I can help it. Its the principle of the thing.
    11-24-12 11:50 PM
    Sorrry i did not mean to talk down.

Just wanted to make sure.

Anyway, no contract plans from the big carriers are the same as their "contract" plans.

As of right now, Sprint has the best bang for your buck, not sure if thatll be the same once BB10 arrives.
    11-25-12 12:04 AM
    I guess the easiet answer will be to wait for the actual details when BB10 is released to see what carriers are supporting it - you may be able to carry on using your current plan.
    11-25-12 01:45 AM
    I am presently in London, all effort bto buy the BB10 failed yesterday as all the shops visited were only selling BB10 on contract, No pay as you go. Do you know where I can buy the BB10 pay as you go in London
    02-02-13 11:18 PM
    hmm thats really weird.

i hope thats not the case here in canada. I guess if youre not an existing customer, i can see this happening.
    02-02-13 11:25 PM
    I am presently in London, all effort bto buy the BB10 failed yesterday as all the shops visited were only selling BB10 on contract, No pay as you go. Do you know where I can buy the BB10 pay as you go in London
    If they are really selling out everywhere, as people are claiming, then it kinda makes sense. Really hope its not the case in Canada or Ill be waiting even longer for my z10
    02-02-13 11:37 PM
    Your best option is likely to be Simple Mobile, which is a bring your own device MVNO (The phone has to be an unlocked GSM device or a T-Mobile device, as they use T-Mobile's network.). I dumped Virgin Mobile a year ago for Simple Mobile as I wanted to upgrade to a newer BlackBerry and Virgin Mobile seems to favor Android devices and now the iPhone (Plus you're locked to their network as they make it very tough to remove the SIM card from their phones.) over BlackBerry. I pay $50/month for unlimited everything (minutes, texts, data) with no 4G cap (My current BlackBerry isn't a 4G device though.).

SIMPLE Mobile | Unlimited BlackBerry Plans

I know that T-Mobile offers a BYOD service as well, but their $50 unlimited plan caps 4G at 100MB (For $10/month more the 4G cap is 2GB.).
    02-03-13 09:51 AM
    I am a Snowbird and spend 6 months in the USA each yr I am having difficulty choosing a carrier and don't know where to purchase a unlocked phone. Open to info.
    02-03-13 10:02 AM