I'm looking for a Mapping/GPS/POI app that can find places I need based on my current location and not some preset address. I've played with Beyond411 and I like it, but want that type of app, but again, with the ability to find the closest Lowes, Pizza hut etc, based on my current location.

Is there anything out there like that? Thanks.
    03-31-09 11:20 AM
    What part of Beyond411 does not fit your needs? I use it specifically for that purpose. You can search using preset locations, or you can use GPS location. All you need to do is select GPS from the location drop-down box.
    03-31-09 11:41 AM
    hmm, need to look some more. I have not seen that drop down option. Thanks, I'll take a look.

Edit-Found it thanks!
    Last edited by damtnrider; 03-31-09 at 01:12 PM.
    03-31-09 01:06 PM
    Hmm Now I can't seem to find it. Any Help?
    Last edited by Tranerek; 03-31-09 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Seconds after I posted I found it Sorry..
    03-31-09 07:52 PM
    Try Poynt.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 07:56 PM
    Poynt is a good program. I used Beyond411 and went to Poynt because it looks nicer. Yep, I care about appearances. =P

You can insert an address or get a GPS lock and search near it. You can search for business' by name or type (Gas, Food, etc). Also provides movie times and can even map the POI you select to your default map choice and get directions to it.

Even lets you add a search result as an address book entry with all the details like address, phone, website, etc.
    03-31-09 09:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD