Alright I have the 8900 google maps is pretty good but I wanted to know what's the best thing out there, if its worth I would pay a couple bucks for it so if anybody can recommend me something???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 07:17 PM
    I don't use anything but GoogleMaps!!!
    11-01-09 07:34 PM
    i think amazegps and gokivo are very good
    11-01-09 08:00 PM
    The best app hasn't been written yet.

I'm still waiting to see something like Layar on the BB.
    11-01-09 08:02 PM
    I use amAze gps and google map... amAze gps has turn by turn navigation and its free, you should check it out

11-01-09 08:13 PM
    There is no "best" app for this, unfortunately. They are all slightly different and each have different strengths and weaknesses. I generally use Google Maps most of the time and Amaze from time to time as well.
    11-01-09 08:32 PM
    I use amAze gps and google map... amAze gps has turn by turn navigation and its free, you should check it out

amAze is no longer free
    11-01-09 09:03 PM
    Garmin Nuvi is an excellent choice, but you need to pay (not free).
    11-01-09 09:30 PM
    IMO the best free GPS app for stand alone maps has to be Google Maps. For free turn by turn navigation, I've tried amAze and Nav4All but found Gokivo much easier to use. Unfortunately though, most of these advertised 'free' apps are soon to become 'paid' ones

Bring on voice guided Google Maps!

11-02-09 04:50 AM
    I'd be looking at Garmin if I didn't have Sprint/TeleNav with my plan. Google Maps is accurate for directions but it's not navigation.
    11-02-09 05:01 AM
    I'm a big fan of amaze and if it isn't free, this is a very recent development.
    I downloaded this about 2 weeks ago.

The user interface isn't the best I have ever seen but it does just what it says on the tin.
    11-02-09 05:45 AM
    I'm a big fan of amaze and if it isn't free, this is a very recent development.
    I downloaded this about 2 weeks ago.

The user interface isn't the best I have ever seen but it does just what it says on the tin.
    Apparently you're on a trial.
    After your free one month trial of amAze, you can enjoy the mapping and local search features of amAze completely for free! At any time you can upgrade your amAze to also include the turn-by-turn voice guided navigation.
    11-02-09 05:50 AM
    I used mapquest navigator. Its 50$ year, easy to use. And the best part is that it downloads thge whole route to your phone. Makes it so you can talk on the phone while using the nav still

11-02-09 11:45 AM
    It really depends on what you are trying to do.

Google Maps is free and is without doubt the best mapping program out there. It does not do turn by turn and it uses the dataplan to download maps.

AmAze works well, is no longer free and still uses the dataplan but it does do turn by turn.

Garmin is a premium product and soes premium things but, it costs $$

You can buy a reburbished TomTom stand-alone box for just over $50. This gives you the best GPS and you don't need a dataplan and you can still use your phone. Guess which option I use? I have Google Maps too.

You should really look in the GPS forum here http://forums.crackberry.com/f41/
    11-02-09 12:19 PM
    i think amazegps and gokivo are very good
    gokivo! Its a full fledge turn by turn gps app that is free. Funny...it is by NIM, the same co. that puts out the verizon navigator that is 10 bucks a month for vz customers. Same app!!
    11-02-09 12:22 PM
    gokivo! Its a full fledge turn by turn gps app that is free. Funny...it is by NIM, the same co. that puts out the verizon navigator that is 10 bucks a month for vz customers. Same app!!
    I don't think Gokivo will be free for much longer

When I downloaded mine from App World it made no mention of future charges... but if you read the description now, it clearly states that it's just a free 'trial' version.

11-02-09 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD