Ok I'm directing this particularly for those who have VZW and have used VZNavigator.

I had no problem paying for the VZnavi since I was pretty familiar with it on my older phones and like how convenient it is, however, lately it's been giving me nothing but problems and is now telling me that I don't even have it though I pay $9.99 every freaking month for it. So now it's time to see if I can find an app that stands close to it in comparison or one that is even better, free or same in price will work.

The things that I liked about VZNavigator and what I'm hoping to find in another GPS app:
    • audible turn by turn directions
    • local search, especially for the instances when you're not familiar with the area (like the gas finder, the nearest atm, or restaurant finder)
    • 411 search
    • My places
    • Synchronization and contact integration capabilities

So for those of you familiar with VZNavigator and some of these other apps what is the best equivalent or better program to VZNavi?

Even if you haven't used VZNavigator, but are familiar with the other GPS apps available if you know of any other app that has these type of features please feel free to throw your 2 cents in.
    10-22-09 06:15 AM
    I would suggest trying out Garmin Mobile. The most recent version is supposed tro work with the Tour. It has a one-time license fee ($99 through Garmin, $79 through the BlackBerry Owners Lounge).

There is a free trial of it, so you can see what it does before purchasing.
    10-22-09 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD