What is the best/easiest email to push to BB? I currently use hotmail and can't get it to work properly, so I am thinking of changing to another email service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-08 08:23 AM
    Weird, I have 5 different email addresses and they all push to my bb with no issues.. Most of the time. Unfortunately hotmail is not one of them.

03-30-08 08:26 AM
    Hotmail doesn't work unless it's an older account, or a paid "plus" account. I use Gmail and have no issues at all.
    03-30-08 08:30 AM
    Hotmail doesn't work unless it's an older account, or a paid "plus" account. I use Gmail and have no issues at all.
    Yahoo or Gmail works really well, or even AOL will do as well.
    03-30-08 10:03 AM
    there are a lot of issues with hotmail and many people cannot get it to push...

-db
    03-30-08 10:04 AM
    I have Yahoo and it works really well.
    03-30-08 10:04 AM
    I use gmail with no problems
    03-30-08 10:15 AM
    Unless you have a relatively old hotmail account, you must have a paid, plus account to get hotmail to work.

Most users I know use GMail or Yahoo.
    03-30-08 10:18 AM
    Thanks for the replies. The next question would be: are their any differences between yahoo and gmail? Is one better than the other?

03-30-08 10:21 AM
    I find that my Gmail is much more easier to look at on my BB than Yahoo mail. Both push the same, just one is more visually pleasing.

03-30-08 01:54 PM
    If you plan on accessing your email from a PC at all, you might want to set up a gmail account and try it out (have a few friends send you mail at it). It organizes your mail very differently than other mail accounts. Some people like it, some hate it.
    03-30-08 02:05 PM
    How differently?

03-30-08 10:44 PM
    I have found in my new experience with my Crackberry that Gmail works out really well... In my IT experience I have found that hotmail is probably one of the worst possible free email accounts in existence (no offense) and often times when anything can be integrated with email it ends up failing for providers like microsoft and AOL.
    03-30-08 11:13 PM
    Gmail is very good from what i've experienced. I've never used any of the others.
    03-30-08 11:19 PM
    I yahoo!

03-30-08 11:54 PM
    I use Yahoo and Gmail but prefer Yahoo. When setup on BIS Yahoo deletes messages and syncs on the BB and online where Gmail doesn't. I personally prefer Yahoo.

03-31-08 12:24 AM
    What is the best/easiest email to push to BB? I currently use hotmail and can't get it to work properly, so I am thinking of changing to another email service.
    I'm delighted with Gmail.

Have previously used Yahoo and Hotmail. Yahoo would be a distant 2nd choice to Gmail and Hotmail would be a very, very distant 3rd choice.
    03-31-08 12:39 AM
    I have used all 3 but Gmail is by far the best.
    If you need an invite to set it up PM me
    03-31-08 01:20 AM
    I have used gmail from the begining of the service and I've always loved it. The only real difference in ordering messages I've seen is purely on your pc and not you BB. Other than that its just the same as your other accounts. If you plan to use the PC and the BB I think that gmail has a lot of other options to make it your own as opposed to the other ones ie the custom feeds at the top of your inbox, etc. In my opinon the best free mail provider available

03-31-08 01:54 AM
    I believe on Yahoo, email pushes faster. I'ved received emails on my BB before the server shows it at times (usually 1-2 seconds difference) and for Gmail it either shows up at the same time or 1-2 seconds slower.

Both are good and 1-2 seconds isn't going to kill anyone.

Hotmail - They will never make it in this business. Gmail is stomping them out.
    03-31-08 08:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD