Man do I hate best buy, they suck when it comes to blackberry, I use to work for marketstar (the biggest marketing in the US for blackberry). If you ever happened to c a BlackBerry rep inside a store in the US, 90% chance they do not work for blackberry but marketstar. When I worked with blackberry selling the playbook inside best buy all the kiddies sold not what the customer wanted but what was in the reps pockets. When a customer comes in best buy,reps will never mention blackberry as an option. I have seen customers ask for a great emailing phone and BlackBerry was never mentioned. in fact I was told by one of the reps that he wanted the new bold but best buy was not giving their employees blackberry. BlackBerry was not an option.

I wish blackberry knew how much hate best buy has for them. BlackBerry should take the loss and get the **** out of best buy, it's doing more harm than good for the company. I have even seen one customer ask for blackberry and the rep responded ewww why do you want a BlackBerry? How much worse can it get?. This is coming from a person with 1st hand experience, not with 1 best buy but over 10 different stores, so I'm not bashing here, there is a serious problem with these Lil kids selling these phones. They sell what they want not what is best for the customer. And I have seen this happen on over 100 customers in 10 different best buys, I think I have some merit to what I'm saying. I have a lot more experience when it comes to best buy and BlackBerry then most people.

So I was hoping to see a change with the Z10.. I was wrong, I woke up and headed to my local best buy. 1st store no pictures NOTHING when I say nothing I mean nothing. I searched and searched and nothing, so I went to the desk and asked if they had it. The response was dull, yes we have it and I was handed a dummy phone... Really??? A dummy Z10 no display. The 1st word that came out of the kids mouth was it does not have instagram,, I said what? Did I ask for instagram? Straight up I stuck up for blackberry, I was so sarcastic I replied OH Wow what am I going to do and grabbed my face lol, I said the Z10 has its own photo filter I could careless about a missing app. I then went on to say why do ALL best buy reps look for the negative, why r u trying to turn me away from a phone that is missing your favorite app? I ended with saying grab a LIVE phone and take some training and walked out

I moved on since I can't play with a dummy phone... Store #2 again no advertising anywhere I ended up asking a rep to get one from the back they had it but it was dead and not activated, I mean this is launch date??? No one would have ever known today was the release date. It's freaking sad and this to me was the straw that broke the camel's back. I got back into my car and onto store #3 this was a best buy mobile in the mall. Inside again no signs nothing. I walked to the back and asked for it and found a BlackBerry rep doing live demos not best buy but a real blackberry rep from sunrise FL BOY was i excited but was stumped as to why they have this guy in such a Lil store and in a poor traffic area made no sense. I was the only one in there and I was happy to talk to him for a while. I got my demo and was happy but not because of best buy but because of BlackBerry. This best buy crap has gone on for far to long, the very reason I was rude and sarcastic to them. I'm fed up with the BS these Lil kids tell customers.

I was so freaking disappointed in this release, I was expecting hype not alot but a least some, at least a FREAKING sigh on the windows, and the 3 stores I visited was a horrible experience. The BlackBerry rep made my day I was lucky to bump into him. This needs to stop and it's simple. Best buy pay your employees commission and in return you will have well educated employees. Best buy can only hire kids because real reps won't work for minimum wage with no commission, I worked for best buy for 2 weeks years ago, I sold over $20,000 worth of products and I received 0 commission. I got out of there fast

BlackBerry needs to pack up and go its for the best. I don't think best buy will ever fully support blackberry. It's easy to know when ur not wanted. This problem has gone on for years and as long as children work for best buy there will be no love. I want nothing more then BlackBerry 10 to succeed and I'm done dealing with best buy employees if u have this issue at your local best buy ask to speak to the GM of best buy and make a complaint, that's what I will be doing from now on. Don't tell me (just don't go to best buy) because that's walking away from the problem and I'm done walking I'm now gonna stand behind this successful product
    Tell those guys that the berry is always sweeter then the apple.
    Now let the complaints begin but I promise you no one has seen this like me. Most people visit the local best buy and not 10 different stores also most people never worked in a best buy selling blackberry, I have so keep that in mind before u bash my post. Sorry for the many mistakes this is typed on my playbook. GOOOOOO BLACKBERRY
    03-22-13 08:23 PM
    Thank you so much for this essay! I loved it and I can relate to this topic. I was at a Best Buy in Canada and looking at the Z10. This other man was beside me and looking at on too. He had this look of a child with a new toy. So I listened to the sales person and how he was trying to convince the person to try the Samsung phone. I stayed tuned to the conversation. I was glad to see the man walk away without buying any phone. This made me mad, as I am a share holder of BlackBerry. I ripped a piece out of the sales person and told him he knew nothing about OS systems. He stood their like a ***** and his mouth hanging to the floor. So Thank you very much for this essay. BlackBerry needs to rethink their business module in the US market.
    Jonathank likes this.
    03-22-13 08:49 PM
    It's the same with every thing. Ask a working class young person what a reasonable priced sports car is and they will recommend infiniti. Ask a mature, educated individual and they will tell you BMW. These kids making 15$ an hour selling phones are in that first class of people, not really knowing a good product when they see it but instead going off of their own aspirations and juvenile beliefs.
    03-22-13 08:58 PM
    I'm in Massachusetts and I visited three stores today around the mall: AT&T, an authorized AT&T reseller, and Best Buy. All had the Z10 in stock but none had a model on the floor, none had any kind of marketing signs, and none of the reps seemed knowledgeable in the least other than to tell me "yeah we started selling them today."

Oh and none of them would LEAVE ME ALONE to let me play with it. Both AT&T reps were never more than a foot away from me. I wanted so badly to spent 15-20 minutes trying out the OS but they wouldn't gtfo. God it was awful. I'll try again tomorrow, I guess.
    03-22-13 10:12 PM
    My store had balloons and I was talking to all my customers about it.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, itsyaboy, Camelhmpz and 1 others like this.
    03-22-13 10:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    This guy gets it!
    03-22-13 10:21 PM
    I'm in Massachusetts and I visited three stores today around the mall: AT&T, an authorized AT&T reseller, and Best Buy. All had the Z10 in stock but none had a model on the floor, none had any kind of marketing signs, and none of the reps seemed knowledgeable in the least other than to tell me "yeah we started selling them today."

Maybe scared you'd steal it ? LOL
    Oh and none of them would LEAVE ME ALONE to let me play with it. Both AT&T reps were never more than a foot away from me. I wanted so badly to spent 15-20 minutes trying out the OS but they wouldn't gtfo. God it was awful. I'll try again tomorrow, I guess.
    03-22-13 10:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    this story checks out, it seems blackberry actually tweeted to you also.
    03-22-13 10:25 PM
    It's the same with every thing. Ask a working class young person what a reasonable priced sports car is and they will recommend infiniti. Ask a mature, educated individual and they will tell you BMW. These kids making 15$ an hour selling phones are in that first class of people, not really knowing a good product when they see it but instead going off of their own aspirations and juvenile beliefs.
    Hey now, I am a mature educated person and I would highly recommend Infiniti. I have had two of them. I could have bought the 335 but chose the one I like the most
    Still driving a G37S 6mt.

This is by far the most OT I think I have ever gone. Sorry OP.
    Best Buy doesn't do well in Canada either. They continue to close the doors of many across the country.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 10:33 PM
    No matter how a store rep acts, what he/she does or does not recommend, it is not a reason to be rude to them. There are polite ways to express dissatisfaction with a customer service experience.

Personally, I don't like to deal with commissioned sales people. Regardless of my preference, it is extreme to suggest that a company the size of Best Buy change their whole compensation structure for a particular cell phone. There are many instances of reps speaking against BlackBerry (or other devices) in carrier stores where the workers do earn commission, so lack of commission doesn't cause people to not recommend the BlackBerry to customers.
    03-22-13 10:37 PM
    Thank you for this! Do you have any suggestions? I love Best Buy, but I walked away very frustrated and won't be buying my Z10 there. I had a guy that I converted to BB there, but he left.
    03-22-13 10:53 PM
    I have had the same experience too with Best Buy and actually wrote a complaint to their corporate office. BlackBerry's issue has always been poor marketing and product knowledge in the US. Many times I have stepped in and educated the customers about the BBs, in the stores. It is frustrating because the BB has so much to offer. I believe that everyone should buy a device that fits their needs but to lose due to poor marketing sucks.
    03-22-13 11:01 PM
    No matter how a store rep acts, what he/she does or does not recommend, it is not a reason to be rude to them. There are polite ways to express dissatisfaction with a customer service experience.

Personally, I don't like to deal with commissioned sales people. Regardless of my preference, it is extreme to suggest that a company the size of Best Buy change their whole compensation structure for a particular cell phone. There are many instances of reps speaking against BlackBerry (or other devices) in carrier stores where the workers do earn commission, so lack of commission doesn't cause people to not recommend the BlackBerry to customers.
    No best buy actually paid commission because circuit city paid commission but once circuit city was gone they took it away... That's messed up BIG time... I will b rude all I want, this crap has gone on for YEARS and now we have done a 180 and they still find a way to talk crap, they need to be paid, I think you are talking about commission reps inside the mall, those guys will sell u their own mother, the carrier stores rarely try to push you BECAUSE they know someone is about to walk in within minutes right behind u... not like the mall employees they r crazy. Looking at my post u seem to be the only one defending them, most others feel exactly where I'm coming from
    03-23-13 01:36 AM
    No best buy actually paid commission because circuit city paid commission but once circuit city was gone they took it away... That's messed up BIG time... I will b rude all I want, this crap has gone on for YEARS and now we have done a 180 and they still find a way to talk crap, they need to be paid, I think you are talking about commission reps inside the mall, those guys will sell u their own mother, the carrier stores rarely try to push you BECAUSE they know someone is about to walk in within minutes right behind u... not like the mall employees they r crazy. Looking at my post u seem to be the only one defending them, most others feel exactly where I'm coming from
    I'm not defending them, just looking at this objectively. If less than ten other posts have comments that agree with you, this really isn't a strong argument. The point of my post is that rude behavior isn't becoming of the person exhibiting it and hurts the cause more than it helps it.
    03-23-13 12:29 PM