stopped in today to check out some best buy sales and they had the entire mobile area torn up. Aparently best buy is launching their own mobile division within their stores. I got to chatting with a rep about the latest blackberry, the bold, and he said he hadn't heard of it. I got to school the rep on the latest BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-08 05:37 PM
    You'd think someone in the business would at least care enough about their job to actually stay up to date on new products to market. The sad truth is however that most people work, well... just for the money and not the interest in what they do. That's the lame part about it.
    05-19-08 05:42 PM
    You'd think someone in the business would at least care enough about their job to actually stay up to date on new products to market. The sad truth is however that most people work, well... just for the money and not the interest in what they do. That's the lame part about it.
    I agree.............
    05-19-08 05:52 PM
    I agree completely. I think i would make a great mobile phone salesman if I decided to go that route. I suggested he checkout bb.com.

05-19-08 06:19 PM
    well, if ya think about it though..... those guys (and gals) that sell cell phones are in an entry level position that takes no degree or any length of schooling... i mean they go through training and thats about it. so really, although it sucks, its no wonder that they seem to not know what theyre doing or what theyre talking about half the time. they probably really dont care cause its just a job to them. just my two cents.
    05-19-08 06:27 PM
    YOU SEE! THIS IS WHY I GET SO F'IN MAD! i love BB's so much. and all smartphones. one of my dream jobs is to work for either a cellphone company, or RIM. and here they have a guy that works for best buy in the mobile section and doesn't know s***!!!
    05-19-08 06:41 PM
    That's how it normally goes right I had a guy at a vzw kiosk tell me I couldn't buy a curve for 2 months because it was available to b2b. They never know much.

05-19-08 09:12 PM
    Yeah we've had one of those Best Buy mobile areas for a while and they know very little. The salesperson was extremely obnoxious and tried to sell an unlocked GSM phone for Verizon to my dad. He could at LEAST learn those differences.

05-19-08 09:15 PM
    At least try and stay on top of the latest upcoming releases. I like it when I can chat it up with a rep who KNOWS what I am talking about. What irritates me also is that some reps get bored with their jobs and decide to stir up false rumors which then make it in to the forums. I always wanted to be a cellphone rep but life took me in another direction.

05-19-08 09:17 PM
    best buy mobile is carry factory unlocked nokia n95 8gb's and n82's which I thought was pretty interesting. Its no deal what they are asking though. In fact its a real rip off.

05-19-08 09:20 PM
    What did you expect? It's best buy! It's like walking into a Chinese buffet. Sure there's lots to choose from but no one really knows how to make Chinese food!

05-19-08 10:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD