Well, I got my phone on dec 23 and I went today to buy insurance for it. I went to best buy because my ATT store was closed. I asked the lady can I have att insurance put on my line? she said sure. Well, she ended up giving me the best buy black tie insurance for 9.99 a month..... I didnt realize it wasnt what I really asked for until I got home and looked at the receipt.

My question is should I keep it or should I cancel it and go with att insurance?
    01-04-09 08:45 PM
    $10 a month? Hopefully you get vaseline with that. Ouch. I'd cancel that in a second and go with ATT, if you still have that option.
    01-04-09 08:48 PM
    well she said that it will be replaced free of charge. But I just read on the att website that they charge $125 for replacements right?
    01-04-09 08:55 PM
    well she said that it will be replaced free of charge. But I just read on the att website that they charge $125 for replacements right?
    50.00 replacement with the ins that my carrier sells that us states cellular. may be she is saying best buy will replace it under the ins that you got from them.
    Last edited by jerry12; 01-04-09 at 09:07 PM.
    01-04-09 09:03 PM
    The benefit of Best Buy's insurance is that I think there is no deductible whereas with AT&T's there is the $125 deductible.

Another benefit to the Best Buy insurance is that if the bold isn't being sold anymore when you break it, they'll give you credit to buy a new phone worth the amount you paid for the bold originally.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 09:05 PM
    True- I don't mind the deductible though. I look at it kind of like health insurance. I don't mind paying a deductible in exchange for a lower premium if I'm not likely going to need it often. I haven't had a phone insurance claim in several years.
    01-04-09 09:13 PM
    I don't mind a deductible either. I would rather pay a lower premium. I use AT&T's insurance
    01-04-09 09:21 PM
    I also have a question which is related to Jokor's last post about purchasing a phone at Best Buy, and trying to get AT&T insurance on the service plan? I know there is not much of a difference in the monthly rate or deductible. However, I would rather have insurance at $4.99 a month with a higher deductible, than pay the $9.99 a month. If you purchase the phone through Best Buy, I would think you have to take their insurance plan. So basically I was wondering, that if I was to purchase the plan and phone at Best Buy; could I then go into the AT&T store and just add insurance to the plan? Has anyone tried that?
    01-06-09 09:21 PM
    Mr. Chris: Yes. The Best Buy insurance as the AT&T
    insurance is optional. You can choose whichever suits your needs.
    01-06-09 09:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";