I have tried the Motorola, and a new LG headset from Verizon. While the new LG is better, It still changes volume up and down for no reason, and people still don't hear me very well So, is there a headset out there that performs as well as a wired headset? Or is that just not going to happen with Bluetooth?
    03-16-08 05:27 PM
    Aliph Jawbone and BlueAnt Z9 are two of the top rated I've seen.
    03-16-08 05:33 PM
    I have the Plantronics 510 Voyager. It's one of the most consistent BT headsets I've ever used! My friend and I have both gone through multiple headsets individually and both us ended up with the Voyager. The sound is good and usually, no one can tell I'm even on a headset!
    03-16-08 06:19 PM
    Thanks, I have seen the jawbone, but it is kind of Cyborg looking I'll have to research the others a little more.
    03-16-08 06:19 PM
    I've had all three mentioned and I'd agree that the Plantronics is very good, in fact my second favorite to the Blueant which has been superb. I often wear it for a full work day it and hasn't let me down yet. Didn't care that much for the Jawbone and actually took it back. Big and heavy and hard to push buttons turned me off. I think owning several headsets is a rite of passage though so good luck on your quest!
    03-16-08 07:59 PM
    i like my motorola h500 it's older but it stays on well and has great sound
    03-16-08 08:02 PM
    Yes, I, too, have tried a bunch, including the Plantronics 510 Voyager (but not the BlueAnt or Aliph yet). The Voyager is an excellent piece, and what I settled on until I picked up a Sennheiser VMX 100. After using the VMX 100 for a while, I ended up giving my Voyager to a co-worker.

The Voyager had longer range to the phone than the VMX 100, but that wasn't important to me, as my phone is pretty much always nearby (and I don't like to answer without knowing who's calling anyway). The sound quality is excellent (as good as the Voyager), and it can also be turned up quite loudly.

One very key VMX 100 feature for me is the audible mute indicator--while muted, it emits a mild beep every couple of seconds, to make very clear that the other party can not hear you. When intending to use mute, one had best be sure he's actually muted.

On top of its excellent performance, the Sennheiser VMX 100 looks very cool, and I get more positive comments about its appearance than I have any other BT headset (come to think of it, it's the only one I've been complimented on). The guys at my local Verizon store were gah-gah over its looks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jude; 03-16-08 at 09:46 PM.
    03-16-08 08:36 PM
    I agree with blueberry. I have an H500 and have had it for a few years ... works great, sound is good, its comfortable and easy to use. I have heard great things about the Jawbone, but I have also heard that facial hair can affect the sound quality. Something to do with how it works, and the vibrations etc etc.
    03-16-08 09:12 PM
    bought the ajbra 8010 and other than the mini mini on the left works great, range is about 30 ft w/ bb 8310 music and voice switch very eazy voice commands work better if saved thru the bluetooth, got mine under 60 bucks deliverd
    03-17-08 10:41 PM
    I use the Jawbone, I have been through like 10 different headsets in the last 3 years and the Jawbone is the best one that I have found to date.
    03-17-08 10:46 PM
    I've tried the Jawbone, and it was ok, but too big and bulky for me. It also did not fit my ear that good, and I wasn't paying extra for different ear gels.

This is the next one I'm trying out:

INVISIO® Q7 - Nextlink
    03-17-08 10:58 PM
    I have the jawbone and love it. Great sound and no complaints from the other end.
    Recently got the blackberry 655. A lot of complaints of noise in the car. Very comfortable and I like that the case vibrates when you get a call. The range is not all that good and when wearing a coat or phone in pocket you get a cracking sound.

For all around use I have to go with the jawbone. Ill take functionality over look on this.

03-19-08 06:48 PM
    I have the Jawbone. Got it on eBay. Fantastic device. It is without doubt the best bluetooth headset that I have ever owned, and I have owned at least 8 - because most of them are not very good.

The Aliph Jawbone has a sensor that just touches the skin about an inch in front of your ear and this detects if you are speaking. It also has its own noise cancelling software.

To see this demoed, go to the jawbone.com website and they have a video of it being used in all sorts of bad environments.

My experience of the Jawbone is pretty much like this video.

Pete
    03-21-08 08:15 AM
    My jawbone is back in the package and will be returned to the store tomorrow. The sound was great when the earbud was in my ear, which was next to never. Fit was the big issue for me. I even spent $20 on a rush delivery of jabra minigels, to no avail.

The BlueAnt z9 is on it's way to my house. Hopefully I'll have more luck there.
    03-21-08 10:52 PM
    I use the Motorola HT700 personally, and I have no problems with it.
    03-21-08 10:55 PM
    I am loving the BlueAnt Z9 that I received yesterday. It fits my ear perfectly and I can barely feel it. I have disliked just about every type of headset I've ever used. This one is a keeper. The sound quality is amazing. I've had lots of calls today and nobody that I talked to while using it has been able to tell a difference. Set-up took just a few seconds. It works great with my Curve. I like the way it looks as well.
    03-22-08 09:37 PM
    I have had the BlueAnt for almost 2 weeks now and although the features are great, the fit is awful. It is not comfortable at all and has fallen from my ear several times. It would have been a keeper if it was available with gels that fit into the ear canal. I will continue to use my Jabra BT5020 until I find another small headset that works well and doesn't have the stupid blinking blue light.
    03-23-08 01:57 AM
    My blueant Z9 came today. I hardly know I have it in my ear. Fits perfectly. Still have to read the book. It paired instantly with my pearl too. So far I'm loving it. One thing though...my boyfriend said he could hear my TV in the background and I thought I was hearing it too. Like an echo. I read somewhere on CB that there is an option to help with that. Anyone?

03-25-08 07:42 PM
    My blueant z9 came in the mail this afternoon. So far so good, although I think I need to upgrade the firmware (it shipped with 3.2). I've heard that's a pain, but it's supposed to fix a few issues (can't remember what, but I think it fixes that echo issue mentioned above). The fit is great, a HUGE improvement over the jawbone. I love it! This one's a keeper. Finally!!!
    03-26-08 04:38 PM
    I have had the Blueant Z9 for a couple of days. I am not sure if I like it or not. I have upgraded the firmware, (which was definitely a pain), to 3.4 and I am not having much luck with the noise cancelling. I have had people say that my voice does not sound natural whether in the "max' or "standard" mode. I am assuming it has more to do with the BB 8130 software than the device. I am considering the Jawbone. I like to drive with the windows down in my truck and need good noise cancelling.
    03-27-08 11:25 AM
    I'm struggling between the jawbone and the blueant ....
    sounds like they are neck & neck.

Do they both use the same noise cancelling technology? If not, which one is better?
    04-05-08 01:23 AM
    Actually, placed the order today for 2 Blue Ant headsets from Crackberry.com (can't buy one for me & not get one for hubby too!).

Crackberry had them for $30 less than Best Buy!

One factor that convinced me was the ability to pair multiple devices with the Blue Ant.
    04-06-08 12:37 AM
    too many people w jawbone now get a z9 works just as good and cheaper
    04-06-08 04:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD