Hi, I am a schoolteacher who does hard construction labor in summer. I have a bb storm that I love but am nervous to take it on the work site. I want an alternate blackberry to beat up. I dont need frills or music, or bluetooth etc. Just phone and email and possibly bb messanger. which older bb would be best for this.. I am thinking cheap here and possibly small. any advice??

by the way, Verizon
    05-30-09 04:45 PM
    buy a used Curve with an Otterbox case. thats what i see most people that do construction use. i also have a used curve that i use as a backup that if it gets ruined, so be it. i use it when boating, offroading or quading.
    05-30-09 04:51 PM
    I am a tech for ATT...I have a Storm...just get an otterbox and you will be fine...couldnt break it if you wanted 2!!
    05-30-09 04:52 PM
    8130. Light, compact and is definitely strong.
    05-30-09 06:17 PM
    I think anything with an OtterBox will be fine.
    05-30-09 06:22 PM
    I am a tech for ATT...I have a Storm...just get an otterbox and you will be fine...couldnt break it if you wanted 2!!

this is the good solution otterbox makes a great solid case for the curve could work well in your situation
    05-30-09 08:25 PM
    I think anything with an OtterBox will be fine.
    +1!!!

Otterbox FTW!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 08:50 PM
    I don't even have a Storm, but just curious.. How does the Otter Box work on the Storm? Is the entire screen uncovered or is there a flap or something?

05-30-09 11:56 PM
    I don't even have a Storm, but just curious.. How does the Otter Box work on the Storm? Is the entire screen uncovered or is there a flap or something?

I am 99 percent sure that the entire screen is covered by something. It is a pretty solid case from the looks of it and there was a youtube video (review) of it a while back and it looked good for the rugged needs.
    05-31-09 12:08 AM
    I would recommend an 87xx as those are proven reliable, durable, and reasonably theft proof if dropped.

05-31-09 12:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD