04-19-09 08:49 PM
- Went to the Nickelback concert in Tulsa yesterday. Used my 8310 curve with 4.5 to take video. I wasn't expecting movie quality, but I didn't get anything close to decent. You can't even understand most of the lyrics. What is the best blackberry when it comes to taking video with sound?04-11-09 07:33 PM
- If you are anywhere even NEAR the front, none of the BlackBerrys will be able to record video with sound with any good quality because the volume coming from the stage overwhelms the microphone.
*speaks from experience*
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com04-11-09 07:57 PM
- Since you are on AT&T, the Bold is probably your best bet. If you are willing to switch providers, the Storm is going to be your best bet for multimedia on VZW. I have taken decent videos with my Storm but only when I have nothing else.
Honestly, neither is going to be great for memories you really want to keep and look back on. Standalone video cameras are going pretty cheap these days, less than $200 can get you an HD camcorder that will blow away the video on any smartphone. It would be cheaper in the long run than switching providers and signing up for a new contract.......
Check out: Camcorders - Independent Camcorder Reviews, Ratings & Comparisons04-19-09 07:41 PM
- Asking which BlackBerry is the best for taking videos is a bit like asking which crayon is best for writing your Doctorate thesis with.
The instrument is not up to the task. And I don't meant that as an "insult" to the device, but it's just not designed to take high quality video. It more for (in my mind) spur of the moment situations and situations that don't require high quality.
Much better to use a dedicated video camera instead.04-19-09 08:10 PM
- Yeah, I'm sorry to break it to you; but it is a cell-phone-camera. It's purpose is occasional shots. Those 'one-in-a-lifetime' moments that you want to have a little reminder. For proper video / photo jobs you really have to look elsewhere (at least for now, Sony does have an 8mp cell phone out that.. but bb has yet to inherit it)04-19-09 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD