Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. lohgan's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    18 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default The best BB for me?

    I'm going to be a new user here in a couple weeks, switching from my Env2 which I adore but I hear such good things from BB users and I thought I would use my next upgrade to switch over.
    But I'm not sure which one to get! I am not big on the trackballs so I think I might get the 8530...is that a good phone? Any huge cons? Or is there something better I can get? I'm a verizon user FYI. I also don't like touch screens. I mostly use my phone for texting, games and stuff like Facebook and Twitter!
  2. BergerKing's Avatar

    Posts
    29,823 Posts
    Global Posts
    31,006 Global Posts
    PIN
    In Semi-retirement
    #2  

    Default

    The 8530 would probably suit you just fine. It is set up just about right for breaking into the world of BlackBerry. It has power to spare, is utilitarian, and RAM-wise, on par with many of the upper level devices BlackBerry makes. The only downside is a lack of flash and the lower resolution camera and screen.

    If you wanted to go hog-wild, there is the Touch/clickscreen Storm pair, and the Tour. But, as you may know, the Tour is a trackball device.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  3. wojotiger's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    309 Posts
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    PIN
    30EF71C1
    #3  

    Default

    ^^perfectly stated. All three are great devices just depends on ur preference

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  4. Ozreth's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    165 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Honestly if you want a trackpad you might as well get the 9700. It is the newest BB and for the most part the most powerful. You will get it for $100 at at&t with a new contract right now. Cant beat it.
  5. dicecube's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    302 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    8900 ---10char

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  6. se1000's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    532 Posts
    Global Posts
    534 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozreth View Post
    Honestly if you want a trackpad you might as well get the 9700. It is the newest BB and for the most part the most powerful. You will get it for $100 at at&t with a new contract right now. Cant beat it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dicecube View Post
    8900 ---10char

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Did both of you miss that he is on Verizon and he isn't big on trackballs?
    Personal: T-Mobile USA Bold 9700 | 5.0.0.545
    Work: ATT Wireless Bold 9000 | 4.6.0.304
    Past: 8900, 8830, 8700c, 7100t, 7520, 7230, 7750, 6750
  7. lohgan's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    18 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

    Default

    I'm a girl
  8. bluz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,193 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,199 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lohgan View Post
    I'm going to be a new user here in a couple weeks, switching from my Env2 which I adore but I hear such good things from BB users and I thought I would use my next upgrade to switch over.
    But I'm not sure which one to get! I am not big on the trackballs so I think I might get the 8530...is that a good phone? Any huge cons? Or is there something better I can get? I'm a verizon user FYI. I also don't like touch screens. I mostly use my phone for texting, games and stuff like Facebook and Twitter!
    8530 is a nice device- you"ll love the trackpad.
  9. lohgan's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    18 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

    Default

    Cool thanks everything! I think that is the one I'm going to go with!
  10. V1V1D's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    420 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Which ever BB you choose, there will be an additional $30/$45 data plan that will be added to your bill once you switch from your Env. Sometimes a deal.breaker for some. Good luck

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  11. One_Deep's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,564 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    I just orderd a 9700 with a data only plan and Im just waiting for it to arrive!
  12. bluz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,193 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,199 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by One_Deep View Post
    I just orderd a 9700 with a data only plan and Im just waiting for it to arrive!
    congratulations.
  13. dcgore's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,239 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,501 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    The 8530 would probably be the best for you. Give the Tour a look, you may find you'll like it better.
  14. bluz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,193 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,199 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by One_Deep View Post
    I just orderd a 9700 with a data only plan and Im just waiting for it to arrive!
    you've chosen the best BB ever.
  15. storm83's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    10 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Get a storm. Much better now with 5.0

Posting Permissions