Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    PIN
    30FDE665
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Best BB Golf GPS... nRange

I can't believe that it isn't anywhere at all on the crackberry forums.

I have been looking for a good golf gps app and this is it. It supports almost all BBs, including the storm. It is free, you can recommend courses to be mapped straight from the app, it is accurate, and it has the satellite images.

In no way am I with this company, I am just excited that I found such a solid app. Actually I am an alpha tester for Swing by Swing, and that one is looking pretty promising. But until then everyone should try this one out.

http://nrange.com/

I put this in the 3rd party app section of the storm forums, but really this should be tried by other BB users also.
    CrackBerry User

It's nice to have options but I'll stick with BBGPSGolf.

It's also free, shows you the distances to the green and other points all on one screen and also has the option to view the hole on Google Maps.

It also allows you to map the courses on your own so you don't have to wait for someone else to map them.

i used BBGPSGolf for quite a while too. I switched to Greenfinder and even though you do have to pay a yearly fee its well work it. Very detailed and works perfectly on the storm. They have a trial and its worth a try. I would compare it to the some of the higher priced skycaddies with color.
    ~Matt
    OnePlus One, Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    PIN
    305BCA35

Awesome, thanks for posting this. I've been waiting for a better golfing GPS app to come out, and this looks great. Interface is a lot nicer looking/easier to use than BBGolf. They don't have any of the courses in my area mapped though which kind of sucks, but judging by the web site, they advertise that they get them done quickly (usually less than 2 days from the time you request it). The weather here has been horrible the past couple weeks. Hopefully by next week it will clear up, and they'll have all the courses I requested mapped out for me so I can go test this bad boy out.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Only if you ask nice :)

Gonna check this out next time I am at my local course and thanks for the tip.

I do have a question on battery life while using the app. From a full charge to you find you have enough battery life left after playing 18?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Course near Syracuse updated

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalCowboy View Post
    Hopefully by next week it will clear up, and they'll have all the courses I requested mapped out for me so I can go test this bad boy out.
    I'm in Upstate as well. I saw that the Links at Erie Village was just updated...decent course.
    If you come at the king, you best not miss. -Omar from The Wire
    GO CUSE
    8830WE>9530
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    PIN
    30FDE665
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

I tried GreenFinder and BBGPSGolf both. I liked bbgpsgolf, but it annoyed me that i had to map every course out. Which I didn't mind at first, but after taking 20 to 30 mins to do it, i noticed that a couple courses were not longer available for some reason.

As for Greenfinder, it locked up and I didn't feel like messing with it while on the course so i gave up on it. I did try it one other time, but the course i was playing wasn't mapped. That is what i liked so much about nRange... suggesting courses ota.

But now i see that nrange does charge 30 a year, or 85 for lifetime. But they also let you refer a friend, and if they sign up you get an additional month of free service.

Check out this one i found for that "other" phone... Golfshot - Golf GPS for iPhone I hope we can get something like that for BB someday
    Last edited by gorgalis; 07-08-2009 at 03:45 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gorgalis View Post
    Actually I am an alpha tester for Swing by Swing, and that one is looking pretty promising.
    How would you compare SBS to the existing products out there? What is different about this program compared to the others?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KaceS2K View Post
    It's nice to have options but I'll stick with BBGPSGolf.

It's also free, shows you the distances to the green and other points all on one screen and also has the option to view the hole on Google Maps.

It also allows you to map the courses on your own so you don't have to wait for someone else to map them.
    How do you view the hole on google maps? I don't see that option
    CrackBerry User

yeah i can't figure it out either
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stateunfairnj View Post
    yeah i can't figure it out either
    I figured it out, I simply didn't have google maps installed. I installed it & it came up as an option in BBGPSGOLF but now I don't see the point. It is a totally zoomed out view of the course that I can't seem to zoom in on, not a layout view of the hole.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jep0617 View Post
    I figured it out, I simply didn't have google maps installed. I installed it & it came up as an option in BBGPSGOLF but now I don't see the point. It is a totally zoomed out view of the course that I can't seem to zoom in on, not a layout view of the hole.
    The plus or minus key zooms you in or out. Very handy for a course you have never played before.
    CrackBerry Abuser

anyone tried nrange on the Tour? I am thinking about trying it on there.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    PIN
    ky, here comes the train!

Is it really free? There are subscription fees listed on the website.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'm having trouble with the map feature on nRange. all i get is a grey screen with a red line. Anyone know how to fix this?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Nange map not working

I had the same issue downloading the software from Blackberry Application world before. nRange sent me a link to their website and downloaded the application directly then the map worked fine. However, the newest free and only supported version 1.5, can only allow you to download 3 courses. the annual subscription of $29 does not allow you to transfer to another phone device. you will be out of luck if your phone is dead and needs to be replaced.
    However, I have tried BBGPSgolf, greenfiner and Golf GPS by 'Swing by Swing' and I must say that I am most satisfied with nRange. It shows not only the front, middle and back yardage of the greens all the time, you can also toggle between yardage and aerial map view with cross-hair so you can find out appropriate distance to avoid hazards and troubles. As far as for totally free golf GPS software, BBGPSgolf is doing a good job for the yardage, but you will have to install Google Map to be able to see the hole layout only.
    However, I have downloaded but never used Swing By Swing Golf GPS. It is also 100% free, but it appears it only had aerial view of the holes and you need to click on the cross-hair to see how far you are from the hole. Can anyone tell me if it will show how far you are from the hole all the time? Does it report distance from the front, middle and back of the greens?