A few weeks ago I posed a question regarding BES12 Cloud and android permissions. Almost 200 views w/o a reply.
    So I went to BB tech support and posed the same question and wanted to share what I was told for anyone interested.

I was informed that android apps have no access to any data within the BES section. I my case, that's my exchange suite of email, calendar, notes, tasks and contacts. I've provisioned only my Classic on the BES. Since it's a "BES managed device" I do have the personal/work capability, but never use the work partition. Exchange email is displayed in the personal hub, and there are no local contacts or calendar, only those associated the BES exchange account.

I do use two IMAP accounts outside the BES, and assume the android apps can access these if necessary to function. No way around that.

This is how I've come to deal with the idea of not having granular control over the wide ranging android permissions. The work side will periodically time-out and requires re-entry of my password to read email, but it's only a minor inconvenience.

I originally signed up for the Cloud trial and converted to a yearly silver license. I'm not an IT guy, so it took time to manage the BES Dashboard.

With my previous BES12 provider, I was paying almost $120US/year. At $23US/year, BES12 Cloud is competitively priced and provides at least some peace of mind regarding the android app permissions.
    deebo550 and Reed Richards like this.
    08-03-15 03:52 PM
    Thanks for this info!
    09-04-15 12:50 PM