Since fairfax's bid a few organizations have adopted bes10. It seems that the bid for BlackBerry has given confidence that they are going to be around for awhile. Possibly if this snowballs then BlackBerry won't need to go private.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 05:23 AM
    Since fairfax's bid a few organizations have adopted bes10. It seems that the bid for BlackBerry has given confidence that they are going to be around for awhile. Possibly if this snowballs then BlackBerry won't need to go private.

Posted via CB10

Eh? Who? there are a few press releases but they are trailing - that is to say that have happened and the press releases follow afterwards - they are fairly puny adoptions.

Unless something new has come out today?
    09-25-13 05:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    Source? I can't imagine why any responsible outfit would sign on for a BES10 server with all of the uncertainty at this point. There is no deal yet with Fairfax. Many things have to happen before it actually becomes a real deal, financing, due diligence, etc. A letter of intent simply announcing the prospect of a buyout without any indication of financing having been lined up should not instill any confidence at all.

Example: Assume my job performance has been such that my job security is highly in question. Assume I currently reside in a 300 square foot studio apartment. I announce that I've signed a letter of intent with the owner of a 15,000 square foot, 12 bedroom mansion to purchase the property. In the letter, I only agree to seek financing. I have invited you, your wife, and your 6 kids to come stay with me for a month over the holidays in the mansion after closing. I live halfway around the world from you, and the only airplane tickets available are nonrefundable, $500 per person tickets. Does the letter of intent enough confidence in you to purchase 8 tickets at that price?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4
    richardat likes this.
    09-25-13 05:42 AM
    Source? I can't imagine why any responsible outfit would sign on for a BES10 server with all of the uncertainty at this point. There is no deal yet with Fairfax. Many things have to happen before it actually becomes a real deal, financing, due diligence, etc. A letter of intent simply announcing the prospect of a buyout without any indication of financing having been lined up should not instill any confidence at all.

Example: Assume my job performance has been such that my job security is highly in question. Assume I currently reside in a 300 square foot studio apartment. I announce that I've signed a letter of intent with the owner of a 15,000 square foot, 12 bedroom mansion to purchase the property. In the letter, I only agree to seek financing. I have invited you, your wife, and your 6 kids to come stay with me for a month over the holidays in the mansion after closing. I live halfway around the world from you, and the only airplane tickets available are nonrefundable, $500 per person tickets. Does the letter of intent enough confidence in you to purchase 8 tickets at that price?

It is also highly uncertain whether you are actually the handsome 30 yr old millionaire artist, musician, philanthropist and doctor you claim on your plenty of fish profile, and whether you are genuinely planning to put us up, or whether you're going to simply rent that house out to various parties, and sell us into human slavery.

Though your online photo here is attractive, I find your solid black eyes hard to read.
    09-25-13 06:21 AM
    Well, our company tried out BlackBerry 10 to switch from legacy and said they had too many problems with it, so they just gave everybody a new 9900 now instead. And I thought we where going to switch and bought the z10 when it came out. Now I have both.. and the z10 is just a mini playbook for me.

Z10 Rocking 10.2
    09-25-13 06:28 AM
    The Barclays premier League is using it, Polar S.A Venezuelas' leading food and beverage company upgraded to BES 10 yesterday. Their enterprise isn't going anywhere. Vodafone, EE and O2 are also supporting BES10, 34 of the FTSE companies in UK have made the move to BES10. Say what you want about the hardware, their enterprise infrastructure isn't going anywhere.
    Don't see those as being "puny" adoptions.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    09-25-13 06:44 AM
    I hope that some of our clients have a need to try out bes10. We have a lot that run legacy BES servers still but most obviously have migrated away from it.

Posted from BB10. That's right!
    09-25-13 06:51 AM
    34 of the FTSE companies in UK have made the move to BES. [/B]
    So you tell me, what percentage of that 34 companies is live servers and which percentage are test servers?
    09-25-13 06:53 AM
    My understanding is that an enterprise can (or could) upgrade for free to BED10, and they could trade old BES device licenses up to BB10 for free as well. If that's the case, we're only taking about infrastructure and admin costs to upgrade.

I would hope that BlackBerry is making it attractive to enterprises to extend BES10 into IOS and Android devices as well, this would give them a big advantage against their MDM competition.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 06:59 AM
    The Barclays premier League is using it, Polar S.A Venezuelas' leading food and beverage company upgraded to BES 10 yesterday. Their enterprise isn't going anywhere. Vodafone, EE and O2 are also supporting BES10, 34 of the FTSE companies in UK have made the move to BES10. Say what you want about the hardware, their enterprise infrastructure isn't going anywhere.
    They didnt upgrade yesterday, the press release come out yesterday. It's different.
    09-25-13 07:01 AM
    Wouldn't be able to tell you, point is, BES will still be adopted regardless. Hogg Robinson is an international corporate services provider, Clyde & Co is a global law firm, Ronco Forte is a luxury group hotel, are all on BES. To say BES is dying down would be a lie.

Enterprise will likely still go forward if the Fairfax deal goes through. If it doesn't, who knows what is going to happen. I just question signing on at this point in time given the uncertainty. So far, the only brand new enlistee I see is Polar (notably in the Andes region of South America, where BBRY still has a relatively significant though dwindling presence/market share).
    They didnt upgrade yesterday, the press release come out yesterday. It's different.
    In the press release it said "is upgrading to the latest version of BlackBerry's EMM" so that's definitely not old news, they are currently making the move.

09-25-13 07:06 AM
    we are a live bes10 instance... isnt that enough certainty for all of you lol

10 or so bb10 phones
    2 android devices
    80 ios devices
    09-25-13 07:42 AM
    Companies also don't make this type of decision in 2 days!
    EVEN if they decided that the situation is now stable, they would start to assign resources and develop a migration plan.

It doesn't make any sense otherwise!!
    "Hey did you read in the paper that BlackBerry has an offer on the table? Let's migrate everyone today..send out an email letting everyone know!"
    oilgeo10 and richardat like this.
    09-25-13 07:44 AM
    IF BES10 were gaining some traction in the last few months, BlackBerry just threw a banana peel into the works.

I wouldn't be surprised if all of those company's that just signed on to BES 10, didn't just fire the guys in the IT department that push for it. For any business that relies on good communications, this uncertainty is a PROBLEM. They can't just set back and wait to see what happens - they have to come up with an answer to "what if".
    richardat likes this.
    09-25-13 10:58 AM

Difference here is BlackBerry Board has a responsibility to vheck if Fairfax has the resources to raise the monies should deal go ahead. That is a key satisfying criteria. In your case it is clear raising the funds for the acquisition is in serious doubt. For Fairfax the monies required to acquire BlackBerry is nothing to them. It is only a question of why and what they many find during the due diligence.

Posted using my Q10
    09-25-13 11:07 AM
    The test server numbers are really skewing this
    09-25-13 11:08 AM
    Difference here is BlackBerry Board has a responsibility to vheck if Fairfax has the resources to raise the monies should deal go ahead. That is a key satisfying criteria. In your case it is clear raising the funds for the acquisition is in serious doubt. For Fairfax the monies required to acquire BlackBerry is nothing to them. It is only a question of why and what they many find during the due diligence.

Posted using my Q10
    Of course, it's in some doubt whether Fairfax will be able to convince a lender to do the financing. If it weren't, why wouldn't the letter of intent at least have indicated even the most minimal level of commitment from a lender? It's quite unusual in that respect.
    richardat likes this.
    09-25-13 11:32 AM
    The traction is probably mainly because of the license trade up program. As the deadline of the program is getting closer, some companies probably have decided to go with BES10 instead of waiting and watching. As it doesn't really cost anything when you trade up your old BES licenses.

I still think BES5/BES10 is the best MDM solution out there.
    09-25-13 11:50 AM
    we are a live bes10 instance... isnt that enough certainty for all of you lol

10 or so bb10 phones
    2 android devices
    80 ios devices
    How have you been using it with the ios and android devices? Just curious how it gets used in the real world.

Posted from BB10. That's right!
    09-25-13 07:12 PM