I am trying to figure out whether its my BES settings/security or some program or other bit of software that is causing my inability to connect with Mercedes bluetooth puck. My wife can connect (with full address book integration) on her verizon 8830. Aside from us having different programs I connect wirelessly via BES and she synch's with her desktop vis USB cable.

So....has anyone else been able to synch with Mercedes bluetooth puck that is using BES? I'd love to rule out the BES since that is the only issue that I cannot work around as I will not give up the BES for anything. If its a program I'll erase every program I have to get the connection with the bluetooth puck working.

Let me know what you think and if their is an easy diagnosis. BTW I am getting the following error code just before everything locks up...Uncaught Exception: java.lang.ClassCastException.

Al advice is welcome as this is driving me nuts because I cannot figure it out.
    01-01-08 12:38 AM
    It would be best to talk to your IT department about that. My BES may allow it while yours may not. Every company's policy is different. Nobody here knows what your company's IT policy blocks.
    01-01-08 01:58 AM
    It is your IT department (BES).
    Usually your IT department blocks some stuff in order to have some kind of control over your BB usage.
    01-01-08 02:23 AM
    My wife and I both have At%t 8310 Curves. I use BIS and my wife uses BES setup by here work. Neither one of us can transfer our address books to our Mercedes 2006 M class or 2007 R class. Anyone out there had success with address book transfers? Bluetooth pairing seem to function properly otherwise.
    02-27-08 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD