So dose the OTA downloads include the OS for the Curve, So in example to upgrade the whole offices os on there phones from 4.5.0.42 to .48 it could be done without connecting to a laptop ..
    07-01-08 06:58 PM
    I believe that you can push the operating system, well maybe not I can not remember the last time my company updated the OS I think everyone had to connect to DM after intaslling the OS on their computers. Not competely sure.
    07-01-08 07:02 PM
    Currently OTA upgrades of the OS aren't a supported feature. I think that's what you're asking?

Coming though.
    07-01-08 07:03 PM
    I think it's coming soon but I still don't get why you would want to - If your users already have Desktop Manager on their PC's then why not just deploy the OS upgrade to these PC's and then instruct the users to connect their handheld with a set of instructions.

Also - Is is that crucial that your users get the upgrade?

Also - are your production users using 4.5.0.42?
    07-01-08 07:04 PM
    there is a .48 out?!
    07-01-08 07:05 PM
    Yes thats what im asking I didnt think it was possible, the phone goes through a lot during that time. I figured it was for software updates not Os. but os would be nice
    07-01-08 07:06 PM
    It would be nice to not have to have people have to do the upgrade them selves, im going to be responsible for all upgrades and new softwear for productivity in the office, so I just wanted to know doing my first BES upgrade next week with my IT manager.

thanks for the replies love my Crackberry
    07-01-08 07:09 PM
    It would be nice to not have to have people have to do the upgrade them selves, im going to be responsible for all upgrades and new softwear for productivity in the office, so I just wanted to know doing my first BES upgrade next week with my IT manager.

wait a tick, is there a .48 out?
    07-01-08 07:12 PM
    yes .48 rel 70 is out cant find it though
    07-01-08 07:12 PM

How many BB does your company have, we are currently around 400 users. That next update is going to be a pain. Everyone keeps screaming HTML email, I don't see why it makes a difference. We are just updating our BES to download attachments in July. Yes we are a little behind.
    07-01-08 07:23 PM
    15 we all have the 7100 i and I convinced my boss to go to the Curve for all of us and hes getting a Bold in August. were on 4.0.7.16 on our Bes server and are going to pay the 999 for the software update and new licenses
    07-01-08 07:28 PM
    15 we all have the 7100 i and I convinced my boss to go to the Curve for all of us and hes getting a Bold in August. were on 4.0.7.16 on our Bes server and are going to pay the 999 for the software update and new licenses
    Nice we are in the current process of getting everyone 8820, we are not allowed to carry cameras so that is the only fit. Are current ones are 7100 and 8700 devices like that. They keep telling us the bold is going to have a cameraless brother that will be released in september. I am the first in line to get it. Fingers are crossed. You should PM me your pin and we could maybe help each other out.
    07-01-08 07:32 PM
    Yea I know i cant wait to get rid of the 7100 for work.
    07-01-08 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD